To let Emarsys access your database, do the following on your database host:
- Add the IP address
22.214.171.124(Emarsys) to the relevant allowlist.
- Grant the SELECT privilege to the user for the used schema.
Setting up the connection
- Go to Add-ons → Relational Data → Connections on the Emarsys platform.
- Click Create SAP Hana On-premise connection to set up a connection of this type.
- Enter the details for a single or multiple connections to create.
All fields are case-sensitive!
- Host: the host name of the database
- Port: the port we can use to connect to the database
- Databasse name: The name of the database
- User name: the login name of the HANA user for this connection
- Password: the password of the HANA user for this connection
CA Certificate: the root CA certificate
If necessary, see further information on CA certificates and how to configure them for SAP HANA.
- When you finished adding all the necessary data, Test your connection.
- Click Save to create the connector you just set up.
This Relational Data connector will only connect to the underlying HANA database, giving access to the source data that is used by S4 to generate the views. This connector does not support virtual views such as CDS, meaning that the data visible in S4 would not be accessible via this connector.