The Google BigQuery database connector can not be used for personalization fields. The data table will not be visible under Tables & Views.
It can be used to pull data into Emarsys for segmentation purposes only.
This is because BigQuery is optimized for massive datasets and its queries take 2-5 seconds, regardless of the size of the dataset. Using it for personalization queries would have a negative impact on email sending performance.
- After clicking Create BigQuery connection you can set up your connection in the next window.
- Make sure you fill in all fields marked with an asterisk.
- Project ID – Enter the your project Id.
- Dataset – Give a descriptive name to your database.
- Client Email – Enter the email address of your client.
- Private key – Enter your privatekey.
- Test your connection, when you have added all necessary data.
- Click Save to create your connector.
In your Google BigQuery database, the following roles should be assigned to the database user you share with Emarsys:
BigQuery Data Viewer,
BigQuery Job User
You can also import all the information in a JSON file directly from your Google Cloud Console. For more information, see Google's documentation.
When you are done, you can now continue and create segments with Relational Data.