You can upload your business-specific, relational data to Emarsys-hosted databases. With this option, Emarsys hosts the databases where your data is stored.
In case you are using Relational Data as a fully managed service it is Emarsys responsibility to manage and take care of all the implementation steps necessary. Emarsys implementation team offers the implementation support.
For managing your Relational Data with an Emarsys-hosted database in a self-service way, see section: How can you manage your Emarsys-hosted database?
How can you manage your Emarsys-hosted database?
On the MyAdmin page you can create tables, views and maintain them with limited capabilities.
- Create, Modify, Delete, Copy Table and View
- Run SQL queries on the Table and View
- Search records in Table/View
- Export limited records from table
- Insert record to Table
Contact Emarsys support to optimize your tables safely after deleting a large amount of data. In case of missing optimizations the size of the tables remain the same.
You can also connect your own client-hosted (external) databases to Emarsys and use the data fields contained in them to create segments or populate personalization variables. For information, see Relational Data onboarding for clients using client-hosted databases.
For general information, see: Relational Data - Overview
Constraints and limitations
Some of the phpMyAdmin functionalities are not available due to security constraints.
The information and controls on the MyAdmin page are maintained by phpMyAdmin, not by Emarsys.
Limitation of creating views
The phpMyAdmin visual interface has a limitation of creating views.
It is not able to create a view, if the result set is larger than 100 MB.
In case of trying to create such a view on the interface, you receive the following error message:
1. To create a view use the SQL functionality.
2. Add the
USE statement before your query.
Data upload methods
- API - Emarsys API provides access for clients to upload their data into Emarsys servers. For optimum performance and data transfer you can use the Emarsys API, however it requires you to have some technical resources to integrate it with your application(s). For details, see Transferring data via the API.
- SFTP - For more information, see Onboarding with SFTP upload.
- Manual upload - For more information, see Onboarding with manual upload.