To monitor the performance of your Web Channel campaigns you can see an overview on the Web Channel Dashboard.
The following metrics are available:
- Impressions – The number of times the web campaign was displayed.
- Actions – The number of clicks or form submissions the campaign received.
- Recent activities – The engagement events of running web campaigns registered in the last 2 hours. If more than 100 events have occurred in this period, only the last 100 are listed here.
- Recent campaigns – Lists all running web campaigns.
All the existing Web Channel campaigns that have been created earlier in your account are listed on the Campaigns tab. To check the existing Web Channel campaigns, go to Channels -> Web Channel -> Campaigns tab.
Campaigns are listed with their Name, Recipient source, Status, Admin (user) who created them, Type, Priority, Start date, End date.
You can reveal an extra column to display the Campaign Id by entering these keyboard shortcuts:
- Mac OS: Ctrl+Option+E then Ctrl+Option+S
- Windows: Ctrl+Alt+E, then Ctrl+Alt+S
Clicking the delete is a soft delete action. This means that you just marked the record of the Web Channel for deletion or temporarily prevented it from being selected. To actually delete the record, a "hard" delete or "permanent" delete action must be performed. For this, contact Emarsys Support.
A Web Channel campaign can have one of the following statuses:
- In design – Some content or settings are still missing.
- Ready – Not activated yet, but ready to launch.
- Active and awaiting publishing – The campaign is ready and scheduled for later.
- Assigned to AC program – The campaign has been added to an Automation Center program, but it is not active yet.
- Running – Currently running on the website.
- Publishing – A temporary state used only while Web Channel is waiting for the server's response.
- Completed – The campaign has been finished.
The status of a Web Channel campaign can be returned from Publishing to In design status in case the campaign cannot be launched due to an error.
You cannot launch campaigns again if their Status is Completed. To do so, first you have to copy the campaign, then you can launch the duplicated one.
Campaigns tab: Campaign priority
On the Campaigns tab, your campaigns are listed in order of priority, the topmost item having the highest priority (value = 1).
Priority determines which Web Channel campaign is displayed for customers who are targeted by more than one campaign. It is to prevent you from overloading your contacts with personalized website overlays.
If a customer is targeted by more than one Web Channel campaigns of the same type and with the same placement, they will only see the one that is found higher in the priority list.
A high-priority campaign will be skipped only when a condition preventing it from displaying is fulfilled. Only then will the campaign next in the priority list start showing for the same contact.
A customer can see multiple Web Channel campaigns in the following cases:
- If you have multiple ribbon campaigns with different placement on the same page.
- If you have multiple embedded campaigns in different zones on the same page.
- If you have different types of Web Channel campaigns on the same page. For example, if you have a Ribbon, an Overlay and an Embedded campaign on the same page, then a customer can see all of these.
To demote or promote your campaigns in the priority list, proceed as follows:
In case of creating an Embedded campaign, for the zone selector feature you can create a new zone or select from the existing zones under this tab.
- Click Create Zone in the Zones tab. Optionally, you can search in the list of existing, pre-created zones.
- Select your Domain in the drop-down list, where you want to set your zone.
- Define your Zone name.
- Under Show in the Zone, you can define an element to which a CSS rule applies. Alternatively, you can select an area with your cursor.
- Click OK.
On the Domains tab you can add multiple domains to your Web Channel campaign. For more information, see Adding new domains to Web Channel.