In Web Channel campaign names, only word characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) are supported by campaigns used in Automation Center programs. Other characters are replaced with an underscore.
- Campaign name – This will identify the campaign on the Campaigns tab.
- Campaign domain – You can select the domains on which you want to run the campaign. You can show your campaign on multiple websites and you can easily add new domains to Web Channel, see at Domains tab.
- Template – Select a pre-built template. This option is available only for Visual editor.
A Web Channel campaign can be connected to one domain only. If you want to run a campaign in more domains, you can copy it and select another domain for the new campaign. If there are more domains configured for the account, you need to select the one you want to use for the campaign.
Recipient Source (Audience)
Here you can define the target audience of the campaign. The available options are:
- All Visitors - Every visitor will see the campaign on your website.
- Unidentified Visitors - Only those visitors that Emarsys cannot identify will see the campaign on your website.
- Automation Center - Select this option when you want to use the Web Channel campaign in an Automation Center program. Learn more about how you can use Web Channel in the Automation Center.
- Interactions audience - Select this option when you want to use the Web Channel campaign in an Interactions program.
- Segment - If you select this option, you will be able to select any of the segments already available in your account.
- Segment results are cached for 10 minutes. So, if you run the same segment again within 10 minutes, you will get the previous (cached) results.
- Segments are updated every 2 hours.
- Personalization values (like vouchers) are displayed only if the campaign is launched and running.
- Filters: Currently filters are not supported in preview mode. If you use various Segment criteria or session filters in your campaign, remove them. If you don’t use filters, you may allow the Web Channel campaign some time to render in test mode.
- Emarsys Scripting Language (ESL) code
What to do next?
When you are ready, proceed to the Placement step.