In the Content step of the Web Channel campaign creation flow the Test button in the upper-right corner enables you to preview your newly designed Web Channel campaign in a new tab or window.
You can preview the mobile version of your campaign without using a mobile device. For this, use your Web browser's built-in mobile device emulator. You can select a mobile device type to emulate it then load your campaign page. For example, select Google Chrome's Device Mode and select a mobile device where you would like to test your campaign layout. After having selected a mobile device, refresh the page. For detailed information, see Google Chrome Device Mode.
You need to upload a separate HTML content for desktop and for mobile browsers. You can select the platform by clicking the respective icons above the HTML code input block. If you do not enter any mobile content the Web Channel campaign will not be shown on mobile devices, or, conversely, if you do not add any desktop content, it will not be displayed in desktop browsers.
The following functions do not work in Test mode (i.e. when you click Test in the Content step):
- Display frequency settings: Frequency settings are not taken into account in test mode. Even if you set a frequency setting, the ad will be displayed on all pages. To test the frequency settings you can use URL filtering with published campaign, see Testing live a Web Channel campaign.
- Site Language Session Filter: If you selected the Site Language Session Filter, then the campaign will not show up during testing.
- Personalization tokens: Tokens will not be personalized in Test mode.
- ESL: Emarsys Scripting Language (ESL) code is not evaluated during testing.
Testing live a Web Channel campaign
To perform a live test on your Web Channel campaign after activation, perform the following steps:
- Go to the General Settings page of your campaign.
- Click Edit Filters under Browsing session filters.
- Specify a set parameter that the website URL needs to contain.
- Activate your campaign. Wait until the campaign status is set to Running on the campaign overview page.
- Open the campaign in the web browser with the specified parameter in its URL.
- Check if the campaign is appearing according to the additional settings.
To display correct details about the impressions for a specific day, set a custom range with the specific day as a start and the next day as the end for that range.