The HTML editor allows you to use custom content (HTML codes) in your campaigns and requires some familiarity with HTML.
When using the HTML editor, under Creative Editor, you can:
- When using forms in the HTML editor, be sure to add the following class to the form submit button:
- Make sure to use unique classes and IDs in the CSS when creating multiple HTML Web Channel campaigns targeting the same audience. Otherwise, it may happen that multiple campaigns are incorrectly rendered (as a result of overlapping classes and IDs in the CSS) when they are displayed for the same contact at the same time.
After you paste in your HTML code, you will see the content in a preview, with the image and link URLs available to see and edit.
If you leave the mobile version blank in the HTML editor, the campaign will not be shown on mobile devices.
To successfully track clicks on a link in your Web Channel campaign made with the HTML editor, make sure to use the following attribute:
<a href="http://www.emarsys.com" data-wps-href="http://www.emarsys.com"><font style="font-family:Gotham, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#FFFFFF"> <u>http://www.emarsys.com</u></font> </a>
- Image – An image will be your Web Channel message. The image will be loaded from the Image URL and will link to the Link URL you specify here.
- HTML – The HTML content you enter here will be shown in the campaign.
- Form – For contact acquisition campaign types, this is the only option you see here, and it lets you select a predefined form in a dropdown list. If you have not created any forms yet in your account, you can do so by going to Content > Forms and clicking Create Form.
You cannot use the Change Profile form type in Web Channel campaigns.