Before setting up Embedded campaigns, please be aware of the following:
- In some cases your account is not available to display the Placement step in the Web Channel set up flow. In this case, you can find the content of the Placement step (Zone Selector) in the Trigger & Scheduling step.
- If your website's content structure is not the same for desktop and mobile; editing the Zone may result in showing a resized version of the desktop view, instead of a proper mobile view. This is a temporary limitation, if you experience such issue:
- As a workaround, please load the Emarsys UI on a mobile device and open that particular campaign (quick tip: share the page and send it to your mobile device).
As a quick reminder, here is the onboarding video about Placement in Web Channel:
In the Placement step, you can define how and where your Web Channel campaign is displayed on your website, which can be on specific pages or on specific URLs.
The following features are available in the Placement step:
Show on these pages
Here you can select to display the campaign on specific pages or on specific URLs. The available options are:
- All pages – By default, the campaign will be shown on all the pages of your website, but the session filters set will be considered.
You must choose this option if you want to configure the pages on which your campaign will be displayed by using Session filters - URL option.
- Category Page only – The campaign will be shown only on the product category pages of your website (e.g., Men’s T-shirts).
- Product Details Page only – The campaign will be shown only on the product pages where users can see the details of a single product.
- Search Results Page only – The campaign will be shown only on the pages where your website displays product search results.
- On the post-purchase page only – The campaign will be shown only after the customer made a purchase.
Zone Selector (Embedded campaigns only)
On the right, you can see a preview of the selected page in the desktop or mobile view of how the campaign will look on the selected page.
This preview pane works as an internet browser that allows you to browse the pages of your website. At the top, you can see some browser controls, as well as an address bar that displays the URL path segment of the page you are viewing so that you can copy it for URL-based campaigns.
It also shows the page category, if available, and whether the page will be included in the campaign.
- Personalization values (like vouchers) are displayed only if the campaign is launched and running.
- Filters: Currently filters are not supported in preview mode. If you use various Segment criteria or session filters in your campaign, remove them. If you don’t use filters, you may allow the Web Channel campaign some time to render in test mode.
- ESL: Emarsys Scripting Language (ESL) code is not evaluated during testing.
What to do next?
When you are ready, proceed to the Content step.