Our updated tier system allows you to create an Invitation only tier which works in parallel with the regular tiers you manage in your plan. This tier has no standard joining requirements, meaning only invited members or subscriber customers can join. This tier is managed by you using the Loyalty API or manually via the Member Profile.
- VIP tier - Invite your elite members to enjoy the best exclusive benefits. This is an ideal option for creating new ambassadors for your brand.
- Delightful tier - Reward selected customers by upgrading them to a tier where they will receive exceptional benefits and experience that will make them feel special. This is an ideal option for creating new ambassadors for your brand.
- Payment tier - Offer your customers to subscribe and enjoy the best exclusive benefits. Paid loyalty offers an attractive option for both attracting new customers and shoring up long-term customer value. It can also help you to offer rewards that are too expensive to offer more widely.
How it works
You can create a single or multiple Invitation only tiers which will run together with your regular tiers as VIP or payment tiers. You can also run a plan that is fully based on paid tiers. Members of the tier will continue to earn points and rewards for purchases and actions at your discretion. Accumulation and calculation of Status points will be performed by the system according to your plan settings definition. This allows you to define what will be the status of customers, as soon as they drop out (defined by you) of this tier.
If your plan consists of regular and Invitation only tiers, then make sure to start with the regular tiers and put the Invitation only tiers as the top level tiers.
Creating an Invitation only tier
- If you have a plan with only Invitation only tiers, then the first such tier you created, will become the plan’s default tier. This means that any member that joins the loyalty plan via the Wallet or is added with the API will go straight into this tier.
- If your plan also includes regular tiers, then the lowest regular tier becomes the default tier which members can join when they use the Wallet or are added with the API.
Creating an Invitation only is the same as creating a regular tier.
In the first definition of the tier in the General Tier Settings, you are required to select the tier type:
- Points/Spend based
- Invitation only
Once Invitation only is selected, unlike the regular tiers, you will are not required to enter tier requirements. The tier requirements are irrelevant, as customers cannot upgrade to this tier on their own (only invited or paying customers can belong to this tier).
Fixed benefits are create and managed exactly the same way as by your regular tiers.
Members in the Invitation only tier continue to:
- Accumulate status and balance points
- Their status and balance points will continue to expire according to the plan settings
Hiding an Invitation only tier
You have the option to hide an Invitation tier from your members for cases where you want to stop using this tier or want to pause it.
If you set the tier to Invisibile Tier, then:
- You will not be able to add members to this tier via the API or Member Profile
- Members in a different tier, will not see this tier in the Wallet under Benefits
- Members currently in the tier will still be able to use all the perks of the tier and see the benefits in the Wallet
- Members currently in a tier, will stay in that tier until you manually remove them from it.
- If your program includes only one Invitation only tier, and no Points/Spend based tier, then you will not be able to turn it into invisible.
- If your program includes multiple Invitation only tiers, and no Points/Spend based tiers, then you will not be able to turn the first Invitation only tier you created into Invisible.
Managing tier members
Technically, this tier works like the rest of your tiers, and the same is true for manual actions via the Member Profile.
You can track the member status, activities and update points and tiers.
To add a member to an Invitation only tier (or move between tiers), go to the Update tier and select Upgrade tier. In the dropdown below, select the tier which you want to upgrade the member to.
Invitation only tiers can be identified by the tag
To remove a member from the Invitation only tier, go to Update tier and select Downgrade tier.
Here, you are required to choose one of two downgrade options:
- Downgrade the member to a tier according to its current status points - based on the accumulation and calculation of Status points performed by the system also for members in the Invitation only tier.
- Downgrade the member to a specific tier - the Status points are updated to the minimum value required for the tier selected.
The Loyalty’s API allows you to add or remove members from and to Invitation only tiers.
To add a member to an Invitation only tier (or move between Invitation only tiers), use this API endpoint.
When members are downgraded from an Invitation only tier, you can choose to either add them into a tier according to their current number Status Points or add them into a specific tier, use this endpoint.
You cannot manage Invitation only tiers and Loyalty Groups in parallel!
Both features cannot work together.