The Additional Benefits feature allows you to select a single benefit or create a bundle of benefits (Vouchers or Exclusive Accesses) that you can grant to specific members of your choice. These benefits are granted in addition to the tier fixed benefits. Additional benefits are managed by you using the Loyalty API or manually via the Member Profile. This allows you to decide to whom, when and for how long you want to grant these benefits. You can reward your members with the whole bundle or just with individual rewards.
Potential use cases
- Customer delight - Surprise your members by exceeding their expectations and grant them additional benefits.
- Upgrade incentive - Encourage your members to work harder to be upgraded to the next tier by granting them some of the benefits they can earn in the next tier for a limited time.
- Trial Period - If you manage an Invite only tier for paying members, you can entice your regular members to join by offering them a free trial period where they can enjoy the payment tier benefits.
Additional Benefits are completely managed by you using the Loyalty API (or manually via the Member Profile). You are responsible for adding or removing these benefits from your members.
How does it work?
The additional benefits are independent and are not related to or affect the fixed benefits of the tiers. This allows you complete flexibility in its management. Creating additional benefits is identical to creating Fixed benefits, as well as presenting them to customers in the Loyalty Wallet.
The additional benefits are displayed in the Wallet on the Redeem screen in a category called by default Additional benefits.
Creating Additional Benefits
- Go to Tiers & Benefits > Additional Benefits > Create New Benefit (If your version mode is live, go to Loyalty Management > Update & Launch > Select version mode and change to Edit next version mode).
- Select the required benefit type, Voucher or Exclusive Access, give it a name, select markets and reward pool and Create the new benefit.
- Once you finish adding all benefits, go back to Loyalty Management and relaunch your plan. The additional benefits will be ready to use only after the relaunch.
- You can see all the benefits you have created in the additional benefits table.
Now, you are ready to add and manage the Additional Benefits to your members via the API or Member Profile.
Managing additional benefits via Member Profile
You can use Member Profile to add or remove additional benefits from individual members.
Click Update Benefits to add or remove additional benefits from the member.
Under Select benefits, you can see all the available additional benefits you created:
You can select and update which additional benefits to add or remove for the member. Once the update is saved, it will immediately affect the benefits shown to this member.
A redeemed benefit whose code is exposed will remain available for the member even if you decided to deselect it from selections.
The gray indicator shows which vouchers cannot be deselected (or deleted), until they are expired or manually deleted by the member from the Loyalty Wallet:
Deleting a benefit
If you want to delete an additional benefit from the list (Benefits table), go back to Tiers & Benefits > Additional Benefits, and delete the relevant benefits. Make sure you are in Edit next version mode.
- For Vouchers: You cannot delete vouchers that are attached to members or redeemed in the Wallet (Voucher code exposed). Before deleting, make sure to deselect the relevant vouchers from members.
- For Exclusive Access: You cannot delete Exclusive Accesses that are attached to members. Before removing, make sure to deselect the relevant vouchers from members.
*If you use the API to add or remove the Additional Benefits to or from members, make sure that the specific benefit you want to delete is also taken out from your API calls.
In Activity, you can see when and what Additional Benefits were added to the member via Member Profile or the API:
The member can see this activity in the My Activity in the Loyalty Wallet:
Loyalty’s API allows you to manage Additional Benefits for your members in an automated way.
Example use case: you manage a tier for paying members only and you want to entice your members to join by offering them a free trial period where they can enjoy the payment tier benefits.
For any user who wants to join this trial (for example, by clicking a Join Trial button), you can use the API to automatically reward them with the Additional Benefits.
The flow for the API would be:
- You use GET/contact/programSettings to get all additional benefits available for the member. This API will provide you with the Benefit ID’s which you can use in the subsequent API calls.
- You check with GET/contact/additionalBenefits what additional benefit the member currently has attached to him, according to Benefit ID.
- Use the PUT contact/additionalBenefits/add to add benefits to the member according to the benefit ID’s.
Please make sure that if you use the API to add or remove additional benefits from members, that the specific benefit that you want to remove should be also taken out from your API calls.