The Emarsys Loyalty solution offers the option to create Loyalty groups that include multiple loyalty members together. A Loyalty group is a group of individual members whose personal status points are calculated together and allows them, as a group, to upgrade status faster and enjoy enhanced benefits.
A group can be a household, a company, or whatever you decide it to be, and must include at least 2 members. The group is created and managed by you.
To use the Loyalty group feature, contact your Client Success Manager or Emarsys customer support to enable it on your Loyalty admin.
How does the group calculation work?
When a group is created, a group calculation that includes Status and Status points is performed. There are several calculation scenarios:
- The highest status among the members is inherited to all others and becomes the group status - The status includes its defined fixed benefits, and each member will earn them. The expiration date of the status will affect the group and all of its members as well.
- All group members have the same status - The longest status expiration is the one that will apply to the entire group. Once the group status is calculated, the Status Points that each member brings with them are calculated and added to the group as well.
- Status points are added together and according to the combined value the group status is determined - In such a case, the whole group can earn an upgraded status. For example, Member 1 is Bronze and member 2 is Silver, and their combined status points are equivalent to Gold > The group status is Gold and both are upgraded. If the status requirements also include a number of purchases, these will also be calculated.
The group calculation happens automatically in one of the following scenarios:
- Creation of a Loyalty Group
- Member joining the group
- Member leaving the group
- Calculation for tiers as defined in the Loyalty plan settings
What will be shared between group members:
|Status (Tier)||All members will be in the same Tier according to the highest status in the group or the combined amount of Status Points.|
|Status expiration (calculation for tiers)
||The calculation for tiers includes upgrading and downgrading. It is uniform and affects all group members.
||Each group member receives the fixed benefits of the group status (tier).
||While the status points of all group members are summed up together, and they see the combined amount in their Wallet, members continue to accumulate their status points individually. When members leave the group, they only retain the status points they have accrued individually.
|Status Point expiration
||The validity of status points depends on the defined Plan Settings. If defined, the points will expire after a fixed period from the date they were earned.
|Balance Points (Points To Spend)
||Members will earn and redeem their individual Balance Points. Balance points are not part of group assets.
Balance Point expiration
||The balance points expiration is set individually for each member, according to the Plan Settings.
||Actions and promotions are not a part of the joint activity of the group and remain personalized for each member.
||Each member can track the group activity.