The Member Profiles page is where you can track the Loyalty status and activities of your members, groups and perform manual actions, such as adding and downloading points.
Also, you are able to create new loyalty members here.
To reach Member Profiles via the Loyalty admin UI, go to the Add-ons > Loyalty > Member Profiles
In the main screen of the Member Profiles, you can perform the following actions:
Downloading Member Status Report
At the Member Profile page, you can download the Member Status Report in CSV format, containing the Loyalty status data of your members.
The download process may take a few minutes.
Fields of the Member Status Report
What Loyalty plan the member belongs to.
The member’s internal identifier in the Loyalty program.
Date the member joined the Loyalty program. (In case of migration, this will be the date of the migration.)
The member’s current Tier.
Tier Entry Date
The Date the member entered the current Tier.
The member’s current amount of Balance Points. (Points to spend)
The member’s current amount of Status Points.
The member’s current amount of Pending Points.
Points Expire Soon
Current amount of Balance Points that are going to expire.
To match data from the file with your data from the Emarsys contact DB, use the field “ContactId” which equals the field “LoyaltyID” in the contact DB.
Searching for a specific member or group profile
To find a specific profile you have to search members or groups by ID.
Member identifier is the same identifier you configured in SI as your contacts externalid.
After creating Loyalty Wallet credentials, you are not allowed to change the contact identifier for Smart Insight, this can cause the Loyalty system to work incorrectly. If you need to change the identifier, please contact Emarsys Support or your Client Success Manager or your Implementation Consultant first.
Group identifier is the name of the group you defined when creating it.
The search result shows a Member ID, Join date and general Loyalty status information. In case of migration, the join date will be the date of the migration.
Click the profile icon for the profile page.
Click the trash icon to delete a member of the loyalty program.
Once a profile has been deleted, all the member's Loyalty data will be permanently deleted. However, the member will not be deleted from the Emarsys contactdb and it's email optin status will not change.
Member profile view
The Member profile view is divided into 3 part:
- Status bar - To track the member’s general information and status.
- Activity table - To track the member’s activity and get detailed information about each activity related to the member.
- Manual actions buttons - To take manual actions related to the member.
These are the details displayed in the status bar:
- Member ID
- Member Status - Current tier
- Plan identifier - In case you manage multiple plans - it identifies to which plan the member belongs.
- Join date - The date of joining Loyalty.
- Tier entry date - The date of joining the current tier.
- Next tier requirements - How many points and purchases are required for upgrade (based on tier settings).
- Current points status
- Status points
- Points to spend
- Pending points
- Expires soon - "Points to spend’" that are about to expire. The definition of when points are about to expire is defined in the plan settings.
Note that it can take up to 24 hours for all activities or status updates to be added to a member's profile.
The Activity table allows you to track member activities and to get a breakdown for each activity. The activities are displayed in a chronological order with the most recent activity displayed at the top of the table.
These are the details displayed in the main activity table:
- Time - The activity date and hour
- Activity - The activity title
- Admin - The ID of the admin who is responsible for the member's updates
- Total points - How many Loyalty points earned for this activity
- Rewards - The reward earned in addition to points for this activity
- Order ID - In case of purchase activity
- Status - The current status of the activity - pending/confirmed/expired
These are the details displayed in the activity breakdown:
- Time - In cases of refunds/changes in the order (which can affect the calculation of points), the time at which each such action was recorded is displayed.
- Activity type - Action/Promotion/Event name
- Reward - Reward type
- Value - Reward value
- Expiration - reward expiration (shown from the moment the activity status is confirmed).
To prevent errors, adding more than 100,000 points at once to a member is not supported in the UI. However, this is supported by the API.
You can add or remove points to a member. You can select the type of points you want to add or remove.
The Reason field is important for your internal tracking, especially when your customer support team is performing this. Any manual action requires confirmation that the operator understands that the action will affect the member’s Loyalty status immediately.
You can upgrade or downgrade the member tier. Once the tier is updated the Loyalty system automatically completes the status points required for the new tier - based on the definition in the tier requirements.
Note, the tooltip next to activity shows the reason for this action. The activity type of all manual actions is customer support.
Creating a new loyalty member
To create a new loyalty member from Member Profiles, you need to have the user’s
externalid is the user’s identifier for Loyalty and in the sales data that you upload into Smart Insight.
To find which field is used for SI as the
externalid, you can go to: Management > Smart Insights Settings > Contact Fields and then look at the Unique identifier:
After clicking Create new member, a popup opens up, where you can choose which plan the new user should join. You need to enter the user’s
After a successful member creation, you will be redirected to the member’s profile page.
However, if the user is already a loyalty member, you will get an error message:
Deleting a loyalty member
Additionally, to the Member Profiles you can find in the main Loyalty navigation the Loyalty Support tab, which leads to the Member profile.
To reach Loyalty Support via the Loyalty admin UI, go to the Add-ons > Loyalty > Loyalty Support
The Loyalty support allows you to create an account for your customer support with direct access to Member Profiles. All other Loyalty options will stay disable.
To set up a Loyalty support role in the suite, go to Management > User Management > Roles > Create Roles
- In the Permissions menu select the Add-ons tab.
- Search for Loyalty.
- Under Manage Permissions turn on the Access Loyalty Support option.
This option enables the Loyalty Support in the Loyalty add-on.
Member Profiles tool is available also via API.