The following graphs show you the effect of the Emarsys Loyalty add-on on the value and number of purchases made by your Loyalty member customers.
Revenue created by Loyalty customers
The Revenue created by Loyalty customers graph shows your revenue with a daily breakdown including data on:
- Total revenue - The total revenue is the sum of all purchases during the selected time period, based on your sales data uploaded to Emarsys. This also includes returned items (refunds), the value of which decreases the total revenue.
- Total Loyalty revenue - The total revenue generated by Loyalty members during the selected time period.
- Loyalty actions revenue - The revenue generated directly from Loyalty actions completed by members.
- Loyalty revenue impact - The percentage of the total revenue that can be attributed to Loyalty members out of the total revenue.
- Tier impact - The percentage of revenue generated by a specific Loyalty tier out of the total revenue
Average order value
The Average Order Value graph shows your daily Average Order Value (AOV) broken down by:
- Loyalty customer - Loyalty customer who purchased at least once in the last 365 days
- Non-Loyalty customer - Non-Loyalty customer who purchased at least once in the selected period
- Loyalty tier breakdown
You can also see a trend of your Loyalty uplift which is the increase value (calculated in percentage) you earned from Loyalty in the selected period.
The uplift calculation is done as the following:
The difference between Loyalty and Non-Loyalty AOV is divided by the Non-Loyalty AOV: This gives you the percentage change of Loyalty AOV compared to Non-Loyalty AOV.
The KPI of Loyalty and Non-loyalty AOV is the average of the daily data seen on the graph.
Number of purchases in a time period
The Number of purchases in a time period graph shows the average number of purchases made by customers who bought during the selected timeframe, during a period based on your Smart Insight recency settings. This period is equal to your Defecting Recency limit set in Smart Insight.
This period is unique to your account.
This period can be found under: Management > Smart Insights Settings > Customer lifecycle status > Defecting recency limit.
The calculation of the daily values in the graph is the following:
- For each day in the selected period, we find the customers who purchased on the same day.
- For these customers, we look at the last X days ending on the day in the selected period, where X = Defecting recency limit.
- For each customer, we find all their purchases done in the last X days
- We divide the customers into groups:
- Loyalty customers
- Non-loyalty customers
- Further breakdown by tier level
- Finally, we average the number of purchases per group. This gives us the average number of purchases for that group for that day in the selected period, which you can see on the graph.
The assignment of a customer to a group is done according to the day you choose on the graph. We check to which group the customers belong to on that day: Are they Loyalty customers or not? If they are Loyalty customers, to which tier do they belong.
You have the option to switch the graph to the uplift mode, to see the percentage value of uplift of Loyalty customers compared to Non-Loyalty customers.
The KPI data is calculated by taking the average of the purchase frequencies from all days shown on the graph.