Customers managing a Spend-based plan can enable a Cashback program which will allow Loyalty members to earn Cashback vouchers based on their accrued spending. This unique cashback program provides an extra layer of incentive and gamification that drives members for new purchases.
How does it work?
For every completed purchase, your loyalty members will earn cashback equal to the amount they spent. Cashback vouchers are automatically distributed and displayed in the Loyalty Wallet to members who have met your spending threshold. The accrued spending of members is calculated based on the purchase data you upload to Emarsys. You can also use the Loyalty API to apply the cashback vouchers at the checkout.
The Cashback program is only available if you manage a Spend-based plan.
Setting up the Cashback program
Enabling the cashback program is divided into the following steps:
- Cashback settings - These are the general program settings which are part of Loyalty Management.
- Cashback vouchers - These are managed in a dedicated pool where you upload codes to support the cashback rewards and define the value in spend of a cashback voucher.
Here, you can enable the cashback program and define its general settings:
- Cashback name - This will be the name used to show the accumulated sum of cashback shown in the Loyalty Wallet.
Annual cashback limitation - Select whether you want to limit the annual amount of cashback a customer can earn. There are two options:
- Limit annual cashback - You can enter the maximum of the annual amount of cashback the member can accrue.
When you choose to have an annual cashback limit, you can still override the limit and add additional cashback via the member profile or the API call.
Annual reset date - Select the date when the annual accumulated cashback will be reset and calculation will start again. You can change this date anytime you want, but this will only affect the cashback accrued from that moment on. The cashback amount collected up till now will expire according to the previous date.
If you don’t select a date, then your members accrued cashback will never expire.
This screen is only available if you have a Spend & Benefits plan.
From the moment you enable this option, your members will start earning cashback.
After enabling cashback, the Voucher for cashback option under the Loyalty menu: Add-ons > Vouchers will appear and provide you with the option to create a cashback vouchers.
Your members will be able to use their accrued amount as cashback only after creating a Voucher for cashback.
When you disable the cashback option, the following applies:
- Your members will stop earning money for cashback
- All cashback voucher offers will automatically stop showing up in the Wallet, except vouchers that your members have already redeemed.
- Money for cashback which your members already accrued will only expire at the annual reset date if one was set.
- Be aware that at the time when you disable the cashback, some members might still have cashback in pending state, with pending purchase confirmation. Therefore, do not make any changes to any settings until the allocation period has passed.
When activating cashback, a new option will open in the Member profile: Update Balance. Here, you have the option to update Status and Cashback balance.