This article provides you with information for adjusting the speed of message sending in Mobile Engage Push campaigns by the use of the Push throttling function.
What is Push throttling?
Sending too many push messages within a short time can increase data traffic and it can exhaust the available resources. An overwhelming and underperforming service can impact the infrastructure and customer experience negatively.
Push throttling helps you mitigate this scenario and to slow down the speed of push sending and thus to avoid the denial-of-service condition.
Setting up Push throttling
1. Tick the Set Up Campaign Sending Rate check-box at Push Throttling.
2. Select a preset message sending rate.
3. Check the following calculated information on push message sending:
1. The calculated push message sending speed.
2. The estimated time it will take this campaign to fully send out with the given speed.
3. The estimation of the earliest time when the last message is going to be sent. It can be later than the estimation, but not earlier.
There is a hard limit time window in which any throttled campaign should be fully launched. We present an estimation based on the speed of message sending.
If the campaign cannot be launched within the set time window, you cannot select that speed and you have to select a faster sending time.
For a scheduled push campaign it cannot be calculated immediately the size of the list.
If the calculated time for launching the campaign fully is more than the maximum time of completion, which is the maximum time window, the campaign is canceled and the customer must be notified.
Currently, the maximum time window we allow is specified in 3 days.