In the following, the you can read about setting up a Spend & Benefits plan. After you, selected your plan type and finished with your Account settings, continue with the following:
Languages & currency
If your customers belong to different markets with different languages and currencies, each of them can receive the Loyalty treatment in their own language and currency.
This step is divided into the following parts:
- Language - Select primary and additional languages if needed.
- Store url - You can define the store URL that supports the selected language. This will automatically preset these URLs in all the required settings fields.
- Currency - Select currency and additional currencies if needed.
- Market - Select your primary market (e.g., country or region) and your additional markets if needed. This is an optional free text field that will allow you to target Loyalty offers by selecting the relevant market. For example, your customers are located in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, but you are interested in offering a voucher for points only to the German market. Markets can also distinguish between different websites in the same country or different regions.
The defined primaries will be the default shown on your Loyalty account and for customers without language and currency association.
Here, you can define the basic rules of your plan, that will affect all members regardless of their Loyalty status.
The plan settings are changeable after launch (except for "Yearly calculation for tiers"), but we do not recommend doing so if it is not really required. Any such change will require you to communicate this to your customers.
- Plan name - You can change your plan name set earlier after your first launch here.
- Credits name - Credits are the Loyalty currency in your plan. You can call them anything that resonates with your brand like "stars" or "coins". Customers see the points name in their Loyalty offers, rewards and fixed benefits.
- Currency Identifier - This setting specified whether your Wallet shows the Currency Symbol (€) or the ISO Code (EUR) for your members.
Cashback programs are limited to the Spend & Benefits plan type.
Rewards allocation delay
When setting your reward allocation delay, align it with your return policy and shipment time. Additionally, check your actual return times.
Calculation settings includes:
- Tier calculation
- Loyalty credit expiration
The following cannot be edited after the first launch:
- Calculation for tiers
To do so, contact Emarsys Support.
Loyalty credits expiration - Select when credits received for spending expire and reset:
Loyalty credits expire and are reset on the day of calculation for tiers - Once the credits are calculated they are reset, but the customers maintain their tier status at least until the next calculation.
This option is not relevant if the tiers are not calculated.
- Loyalty credits expire and are reset every [X months] from the moment they are earned - At the time of calculation for tiers, only the valid credits for that day are calculated. Based on this calculation customers maintain their status or drop out to a lower tier.
- Loyalty credits expire and are reset on the day of calculation for tiers - Once the credits are calculated they are reset, but the customers maintain their tier status at least until the next calculation.
- Loyalty credits validity - If the second option is selected, define the validity of Loyalty credits from the day they are earned.
Use case - Yearly tier calculation on the 31st of December
The calculation for tiers is done on December 31st every year. Status points expire and are reset on the day of calculation for tiers:
Use case - Tier calculation 12 months after the date of joining
The calculation for tiers is done 12 months from the date of joining (or upgrading a tier). The status points expire 12 months from the day they are earned:
Defining membership settings
After specifying the general Plan Settings, consider your Membership settings.
New members distribution- Select how your contacts will be distributed among tiers once they join your Loyalty plan.
- Add new members to the bottom tier - Ideal option to start a new Loyalty plan from scratch with an equal starting line for all members.
- Add new members to a tier according to their historical spend in a defined calculation period - Ideal option to incentivize new members who were already loyal before they joined the program.
- Add historical credit balance - Select this if you want new members to be given, in addition to their new tier, an initial credit balance based on their historical spend over the defined calculation period.
Calculation period - Define how much historical data you want to use to calculate contacts' and credit distribution. The calculation is performed according to the defined period from the moment a new member joins the Loyalty.
- Use all available data since the start of the current calendar year.
- Use only data from the previous: - Define the timeframe to reward credits for historical purchases.
Activating your Loyalty account
Now, you are ready to activate your account and configure the rest of your settings such as customer actions, benefits and rewards.