This demand generation Tactic notifies your customers when some products they are interested in are back in stock.
- The Product Catalog Updates trigger allows you to fine-tune the target audience by setting the relevancy (e.g. Viewed the product X or less days ago at least Y times) and exclude those who have already purchased a specific product. Emarsys automatically excludes items that are not available anymore. For more information, see Product Catalog Updates.
- The Back in stock Tactic uses only those products that are marked as available in your product catalog.
- Currently, we do not recommend using the Back in stock Tactic (or other Tactics that work based on the
viewevent) with the Parent/Child catalog feature.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Drive First Purchase
- Reduce Customer Churn
- Drive Purchase Frequency
- Drive Web Traffic
- Drive Second Purchase
- Increase Active Customer Revenue
- Contacts view a product at least once within 5 days.
- The product the contacts are interested in is back in stock.
- Relevant contacts are matched.
- An SMS (or email if used) is sent containing product details to your contacts.
The SMS-only variant of the Back in stock Tactic looks like the following:
The program checks the product catalog if there was a product that was back in stock the previous day. Then, it sends an SMS about the product details to contacts who meet the following criteria:
- Opted in for SMS messages.
- Viewed the product in the last 5 days.
- Did not purchase the product in the last 5 days.
Email + SMS variant
The email + SMS variant of the Back in stock Tactic looks like the following:
The program checks the product catalog if there was a product that was back in stock the previous day. Then, it sends an email and SMS about the product details to contacts who meet the following criteria:
- Opted in for email and SMS messages.
- Viewed the product in the last five days.
- Did not purchase the product in the last five days.
- An SMS message will be sent only to high-value customers, whose last purchase reached a certain amount.
Creating an email-only Back in stock Tactic in Interactions
1. Please contact your Client Success Manager or Emarsys Support.
2. Emarsys will create your Back in stock Tactic in Interactions.
3. Follow through the process of Inserting a Repetable Block if you are using one.
4. Once your campaign is ready, replace the original email campaign with your updated Back in stock campaign in the Tactic Interactions program.
5. Activate your Back in stock Interactions program.
You can check the results on the Strategic Dashboard.