After clicking Create Token, a window appears, where you can select the type of token to be created.
This type of tokens are usually used for purchase confirmation or delivery information messages and they are triggered by an external event containing some kind of information, like a purchase or an estimated delivery date.
- Give a descriptive name to your token to make it easier to find it while using a content editor.
- Select the category you want to add the token to. A single token can be used in more than one category. You can also create a new category, for more information, see Creating a token category.
- Select the JSON object that will be used for the token. You can select and Edit one of your previous objects or even create a New one.
A JSON object can contain multiple key value pairs. Follow the format described in Activate External Event Trigger.
You do not need to save your External Data token to save your JSON Object. JSON objects are reusable among External Data, External Content and Relational Data tokens.
- Here, you select the field of the JSON object that will be used to populate the token.
- This line shows a preview of the token and the Emarsys Scripting Language code that is used for it. This code can be copied and inserted into blocks, too. For more information on ESL, see Emarsys Scripting Language.
- Check this box if you want to make sure that the message is not sent out if the personalization token cannot be populated.
- Add a fallback text that will be displayed if the value of the field cannot be obtained for some reason. Using a fallback text and marking the field as a requirement for sending are mutually exclusive.
- Here, you can add the formatting details of the token.
Note the information box about display settings override: this means that the settings you make here can be later overridden if needed at campaign-level.