After clicking Create Token, a window appears, where you can select the type of token to be created.
Predict tokens make it possible to create personalization tokens using Predict's powerful recommendation logics. The available logics (or types of recommendations) are the following:
- Personal - Delivers personalized product recommendations to email recipients based on their recent browsing activity and purchase history.
- Abandoned Cart - Delivers the last products abandoned in the cart by the email recipient as well as product recommendations related to these.
- Post purchase - Delivers complementary product recommendations to last purchased items.
- Recently Viewed - Delivers the exact items last viewed by the visitor and may also use Personal product offerings to provide the required number of products.
- Recently Purchased - Delivers the exact items last purchased by the visitor and may also use Personal product offerings to provide the required number of products.
As a prerequisite to creating a token, you need to have at least one Predict preset.
Creating a Predict preset
In the Create Token window, click New in the Predict preset line, which opens the Create Predict Preset window.
- Name your Predict preset. You will have to use this name to reference your preset during token creation, therefore, it is worth using a descriptive name.
- Select the availability zone, if you have set up multiple zones in your product catalog.
- Select the recommendation logic to be used for the preset and click Continue, when finished.
Now, you are ready to create your Predict token.
Creating a Predict token
- Give a descriptive name to your token to make it easier to find it while using a content editor.
- Select the category you want to add the token to. As you can see, a single token can be used in more than one category. You can also create a new category, for more info, see Creating a token category.
- Select the Predict preset that will be used for the token. You can select and Edit one of your previous presets or even create a New one by using one of your existing connections and by setting the parameters available for the connection.
- Select the Predict field of the preset that will be used to populate the token.
- This line shows a preview of the token and the Emarsys Scripting Language (ESL) code that is used for it. This code can be copied and inserted into blocks, too. For more information on ESL, see Emarsys Scripting Language.
- The item index selects the item to be used from the array. Please note that the list starts with "0", so this means the first item, "1" denotes the second, "2" the third and so on.
- Check this box if you want to make sure that the message is not sent out if the personalization token cannot be populated.
- Add a fallback text that will be displayed if the value of the field cannot be obtained for some reason. Using a fallback text and marking the field as a requirement for sending are mutually exclusive.
- Add the formatting details of the token.
Note the information box about display settings override: this means that the settings you make here can be later overridden if needed at campaign-level.