You can add contacts or segments to an Automation Center program to test it.
Here is what you need to do:
- Click Send Test Contacts.
- You can choose from the following options:
- Send a Single Contact - You can add a single contact to test your program.
We recommend using Interactions if you would like to test your program with test events.
- After clicking Continue, you need to review your test contact configuration on the Confirm Sending Contacts dialog.
Please note that clicking Send Test Contact might result in sending messages that potentially contain personal data. By proceeding, you confirm that you are aware of this risk and you made sure you selected a test contact or segment to start the program. For more information, see All you need to know about personal data when testing Automation programs.
- After clicking Send Test Contact, the test contact or segment will start the current program. This action will not start other programs.
- Make sure your program works as expected and check your messages. You can trigger the event multiple times. To do so, click Send Test Contact.
- You can check the results on the Program Reporting page.
You might need to refresh the Program Reporting page to see the most recent results. Please take into account that there is an approximately 2-minute delay on this page.
- When you are finished with testing, check What to do after testing a program?