The Custom Variables tab enables you to set up customized variables, which will be available for selection in the product field mapping screen of the Block configurator.
Custom Variables allow data to be inserted into the email campaign, which is not directly available in the product data feed. This data can be edited using Emarsys Scripting Language (ESL) expressions.
Examples for custom variables:
- Formatted price display
- Formatted, strikes-price display with logic
- CTA button text translations
It is recommended to configure the custom variables after configuring the data localization, and before configuring the email template blocks.
The Custom Variables screen displays the list of custom variables configured for the account.
1. Click the Create Custom Variable.
2. The next screen lets you set up your Custom Variable using ESL.
3. Name your custom variable. Optionally, you can enter a short description for it.
4. Enter the correct ESL expression into each editor box in the list.
The VCE Product Search does not provide support for writing the ESL code, however a syntax checker is provided in the ESL editor fields.
5. Save your variable once all the required snippets (including localizations) have been created.
For more information and examples, see VCE product Search Use case examples.