The Edit Block Configuration screen opens only after choosing an email template block in the Template Block Configuration tab and clicking Edit Configuration. The Edit Block Configuration screen is empty at the first opening. The Template and Block names are displayed to keep track of your work.
1. Click on Configure block e-editables to configure the first e-editable block element.
2. The Update Block Configuration dialogue allows you to select Blocks, Content type and corresponding Product Data Field.
All e-editable elements are listed in the first dropdown as the fields and elements are automatically detected and all available options are displayed in the given context.
3. Start with the Image, which corresponds to the Product images in this Block.
4. Select the first content type to map: start with Image Source.
5. Pick the product data field that corresponds to Image Source - image catalog field in this example.
6. Click Add to save the configuration and return to the Block Configuration screen, where you now have 1 new element in the list, for the mapping you have just created.
7. Repeat the steps above with the other e-editables in this block.
The VCE product Search Add-on automatically detects which fields are available in the product feed. In addition to these fields, any custom variables defined can also be selected for the mapping.
8. Map product information to link tracking.
The VCE Product Search Add-on supports mapping product data to the link tracking feature in emails. A Tracked Link’s name and category can be mapped as part of the template block configuration, when configuring the link’s e-editable. In this case, the Content Type options will list Link Tracking name and Link Tracking category options.
Tracked link categories will only be populated if the link category already exists. A new link category will not be created. For more information, see Creating link categories.
9. Click Save to save progress.
10. Once you are done with all the elements of this block and saved your work, click Change Blocks to open the configuration of another block in the template, and continue your work.
For use cases and examples, see:
- Email campaign template containing image without an anchor tag
- Email campaign template containing image with an anchor tag