After Configuring email template blocks, VCE enables you to search for a specific product from the product data while creating your email campaign in the Visual Content Editor.
In the VCE Product Search add-on you need to complete the following steps:
Inserting product information in VCE
Note that the Language selector on the Email Settings step of the campaign creation does not affect currently the localization settings in the VCE Product Search add-on. These need to be applied separately during product insertion.
1. Create a new campaign from the template, or reuse an existing campaign.
2. Insert one of the email content blocks you have just configured.
3. Select the product image in the block that you want to replace with a product from the real product data.
4. Click the Product Search icon.
5. On the Product Search screen, select the Product Data field you want to search in, and choose from among 4 simple search operators.
6. Type in your search term and click Search.
The search tool returns the first 100 results in a list, with some basic product information for easy identification of the product.
7. Select the localization that you want to use for insertion.
The dropdown shows you the available localizations configured for this template. All product fields inserted will automatically be mapped to their localized counterparts mapped in the configurator.
8. Click the Insert Product icon.
9. Returning to the VCE editor, you can see that all applicable elements have been overwritten with the product info of the product we have just inserted.
Elements that are not available in the product data are not replaced. The same applies when inserting a localized version of the product. If there is no product information for the l
description_x, etc. fields, the elements are not changed.