- LoyaltyID: The LoyaltyId field should be configured as a text field with 60 characters.
Before you start creating the AC programs, make sure you create the LoyaltyId field in Emarsys contact database. You can do that under Management > Field Editor > Create Field.
Once you created the LoyaltyID field, ask Emarsys Support to create an Index on that field.
Automation Center programs
You need to create 2 Automation Center programs. The job of these program is to fill in the LoyaltyID field. These programs take the
external_id and hash it and set the LoyaltyID field.
Go to Automation > Automation Programs > Create Program > Audience Focused Journey.
In all programs, you need to use the Set Value node to set the LoyaltyID:
Before we start, we need to know what is the
external_id used in your account. Go to Smart Insight Settings > Contact Fields > Unique Identifier.
In the Set Value node, under function, select: Hash Value
Hashing Algorithm: Select
Field to hash: Use the "Unique Identifier" field as shown in the Smart Insights Settings.
Field to set: LoyaltyID
- The first program will set the LoyaltyID in the case when a contact is created in the Emarsys DB or when the
Program Name: Loyalty change LoyaltyID - DO NOT DELETE
Participation: Contacts can enter the program immediately after entering
- The first entry node is a Data Change Node on the Unique Identifier field
- The second entry node is a New Contact Node. This makes sure that for every new contact that enters Emarsys, we already calculate his LoyaltyID.
- Then we have a quick filter to check if the "Unique Identifier" field is not empty
- The last step is to fill in the LoyaltyID by hashing the Unique Identifier, as seen earlier.
- The second program is a recurring program that should run every day and make sure that the LoyaltyID is set for all contacts. This is a backup program for the first program in case the first program missed a contact at contact creation time.
Program Name: Loyalty set empty LoyaltyID - DO NOT DELETE
Participation: Contacts can enter the program immediately after exiting
Prerequisite: Create a contact Segment, "LoyaltyID is empty - DO NOT DELETE", which will find all contacts where the LoyaltyID field is empty.
- Program runs every day (Select at what time)
- Filters contacts where LoyaltyID is empty
- Checks if the Unique identifier is set for the contact and is NOT empty
- Set LoyaltyID using Set value node, for more information see Automation Center programs.