This custom node is not included in the Emarsys packages. If you would like to use this node, please contact your Client Success Manager.
This custom node is only available in the Automation Center.
This custom node allows you to send messages to the LINE messenger platform from Emarsys Automation Center programs. The messages are delivered to the LINE platform through a third-party automation company called Crescendo. Therefore, this solution is primarily aimed at customers who are already users of Crescendo.
Crescendo provides its customers with the ability to:
- Create message templates with personalization elements. These templates are accessible from the custom node.
- Trigger custom events within its automation system. The LINE node also allows you to use or create such events.
The LINE node comes with a limited personalization feature through contact database fields: you can match personalization elements used in your Crescendo message template to specific Emarsys contact database fields.
To send messages to contacts on the LINE platform a LINE ID is required (for contact matching).
- Existing Crescendo account and credentials (JWT token).
- LINE IDs available in a custom contact database field.
Send transactional or batch messages to contacts present on LINE and optionally, trigger a follow-up Crescendo event.
Please note that messages are automatically grouped in batches of 150 as required by Crescendo.
Using the LINE node in an Automation Center program
To send messages to contacts on the LINE platform, proceed as follows:
- Create a message template in Crescendo. Optionally, you can also set up custom events to create complex journeys in Crescendo.
- Create an Automation Center program in Emarsys and add the LINE node to it.
The LINE node automatically discards contacts without a LINE ID, for this reason, we recommend adding a Filter switch node that checks the contacts' LINE ID prior
- Double-click the LINE node to access its settings.
Here you can configure the following:
- JWT Token: You can update your Crescendo JWT token if needed.
This token is set up by Emarsys when enabling the LINE node. If the token changes over time, you can simply enter the new JWT token here. You need to obtain it from Crescendo first.
- Template: You can select the Crescendo message template you have previously created for this journey.
- Event Name: You can select the Crescendo custom event you have previously created for this journey or you can create a new event below this field.
- After selecting the template, the node will display the personalization elements available in the template. You can match Crescendo template fields to Emarsys contact database fields by using the Field Mapping dropdowns.
Messages will not be sent if there is no valid contant for ANY of the personalization fields (if you are using such fields). Please make sure that you upload the required personalization content to their respective contact database fields prior to sending messages.
- To save the node settings, click Done, then Save the program.
- Regular campaign reporting statistics are available on the Program Reporting page.
It may happen that the connection between the LINE node and Crescendo breaks when the JWT token is refreshed or replaced. In this case, the node will no longer be able to send messages. To resolve this issue, you need to obtain a new JWT token from Crescendo and update all active LINE nodes with the new JWT token in the node settings dialog.