Apple Wallet and Google Wallet are applications installed by default on mobile devices either with iOS or Android Operating system. Mobile Wallet enables the mobile users to save, store and use electronic bank cards, IDs, mobile passes in a highly secure and convenient way.
Mobile Wallet feature allows you
- to create Mobile Pass campaigns with VCE
- to deliver individual Mobile Passes via email campaigns (so called parent campaigns).
Before using the Mobile Wallet application and creating Mobile Pass campaigns, you need to fulfill the following requirement:
- Apple Wallet prerequisites: Register a new Apple Developer account, or sign in to your existing account. Create a Pass Type identifier and a Signing certificate. For more details, see Mobile wallet - Apple Wallet prerequisites.
- Google Wallet prerequisites: Register a new Google Wallet API account, or sign in to your existing account. For detailed information, see Mobile wallet - Google Wallet prerequisites.
- Emarsys does not have a control over the validity of the passes, that shall be checked and verified by your back-end systems.
- Using non-recommended size image might have an impact on the performance of the service.
- Email blocks are supported only with the Visual Content Editor (VCE).
- Wallet Passes cannot be deleted or cancelled. (Only the end-user can remove them.)
- Wallet campaigns can only use contact data and voucher personalisation tokens.
- Wallet Pass notifications, also called Wallet Push Messages are not supported, as they are Apple, and Google-related features. There is no estimation when they will be supported in the future.