This article provides you with detailed information on obtaining Apple-related artifacts in your iOS mobile environment that are the prerequisites for Mobile Pass generation.
1. Creating Apple certificates, identifiers
Perform the following steps:
- Register a new Apple Developer account, or sign in to your existing account.
Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Click Identifiers on the left panel and then click the (+) Plus sign.
- Select Pass Type IDs with the radio button and click Continue.
2. Registering a Pass Type ID
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- Fill in the Identifier field.
- Click Continue.
3. Creating the certificate
- Select the Pass type ID and click Create Certificate.
- Follow the steps on this page to Create a certificate signing request and save it on the local disc of the Mac.
- Click Choose File and select the certificate that you have previously saved to the local disc of the Mac.
Leave the Enter your Pass certificate Name field empty as in the image below.
4. Downloading the certificate
- Click Continue and then click Download to download the certificate to your local Mac.
- Add the downloaded certificate to the Keychain on the local Mac.
In Keychain select at the same time
- the certificate (Pass type ID: <>)
- the private key
Then use right click and select Export 2 items...
- Click Save.
- Provide a password for the
- Save the
It will be needed when doing the Mobile Wallet configuration on the Emarsys Marketing Platform.