The Mobile Wallet configuration set contains important information (For example: certificates, team identifiers) that identifies the organization during the creation of the Mobile Pass. A Mobile Wallet configuration set contains both Apple Wallet-, and Google Wallet-related data.
To check the list of existing Mobile Wallet configurations and to create, edit or archive a configuration, go to Channel > Mobile Wallet > Wallet Configuration tab.
The Mobile Wallet configuration for the Google- and Apple Wallet API can be added to the User Interface. (e.g.: certificates, issuer name, etc). For Google, this step shall be done once. The Apple certificates have one year validation, which means these have to be recreated annually. The same Mobile Wallet configuration can be used in several campaigns.
For more information on the prerequisites for the Google and Apple APIs see the Mobile Wallet Overview.
Adding a new Mobile Wallet configuration
1. Click Add Configuration and fill in all the required fields:
- Configuration Name - Add a unique name of the configuration that will be used during Mobile Pass campaign creation.
- iOS Related Requirements - Artifacts that have been created for the Apple Wallet. For details, see Mobile Wallet - Apple Wallet prerequisites.
- Google Related Requirements - Artifacts that have been created for the Google Wallet. For details, see Mobile Wallet - Google Wallet prerequisites.
2. Select and Upload the iOS Certificate and Upload the Google Certificate.
3. Fill in all the required, mandatory fields:
You must fill in all the mandatory fields! It is not possible to save the page without having all the mandatory fields defined.
Viewing, editing a Mobile Wallet configuration
- You can edit the fields that are not grayed out.
- To apply the changes, click Save.
Archiving a Mobile Wallet configuration
If the selected Wallet configuration is in use by one or multiple Wallet campaigns, a dialog with a link to the Wallet campaign list appears and the configuration is not archived. Before archiving the configuration, you need to delete the Wallet campaigns that are using it.
You can view but cannot edit or modify an archived Wallet configuration.
To navigate to your list of campaigns, click Go to Wallet Campaigns.