This article provides you information regarding the existing Mobile Wallet campaigns.
1. Wallet Campaign tab
To see the list of existing Mobile Wallet campaigns go to Channels > Mobile Wallet > Wallet Campaign tab.
On this tab you can see details of all your Mobile Wallet campaigns listed with their Campaign Name, Template Type, Status, and the date it was Created.
2. Creating a Mobile Wallet campaign
- Click the Create Wallet Campaign to create a new Mobile Wallet campaign.
- Select the type of pass you would like to create.
It is not possible to change the type of the already created Mobile Wallet.
3. Campaign settings
3. You can set the design and operating values of the Wallet campaign (front view & back view) using VCE.
6. Once the Wallet campaign is launched, it can be added to a parent campaign using relative Personalisation token.
The available parent campaigns are Email, In-app and Web. For more information on the Wallet tokens connections, see Personalization on each channel.
If email is used as a parent campaign, a proper block should be created in VCE editor, that contains the icons of Google Wallet and Apple.
After the Wallet campaign has been distributed, you can follow up the behavior and adoption of the Wallet campaign on the Reporting screen. There are separate metrics for iOS and Android.
- Generated - The user clicked on the URL of the individual Mobile Pass that was received in the email campaign. For example: Clicked the Add to Google Wallet or the Add to Apple Wallet image and the preview of the individual pass has been shown.
- Downloaded - After seeing the preview the user decided to save the individual Mobile Pass to the Mobile Wallet, and clicks the Add button.
- Updated - The number of changes made to a downloaded wallet pass. Either mass or individual update counts.
- Removed - The user has removed intentionally the individual Mobile Pass from the Mobile Wallet. (This action cannot be done by the marketer.)