After a Mobile Pass campaign has been created, tested and finalized it is ready for launching. The Mobile Pass campaign can be distributed in an email campaign.
This article provides you with information about how to embed a Mobile Pass campaign into an email campaign.
The Mobile Pass campaign must be in Finalized (Ready to Launch) state to be able to add it to an email campaign.
1. Adding a Wallet block to an email campaign
- To create a new email campaign, go to Channels > Email campaigns tab.
- Create the email campaign as usual, you can find help here.
- From the Blocks pane on the left, select your pre-created Wallet block and add it to the email.
To add a Mobile Wallet block here, you need to have
- a pre-built, customized, dedicated Mobile Wallet block, or
- you can link any image from any block you wish to use.
2. Personalizing the Wallet block
- Use the Personalisation icon to link pass campaign tokens to the respective images.
- Click the image to which you want to add the pass campaign link.
- Click the Link icon.
- Click the Personalisation icon.
- You can find all the Mobile Pass campaigns which are in Ready to Launch state duplicated as personalisation tokens: one link is for Apple and one for Google.Attach the proper personalisation token to the proper image (Google/Apple).
- Once both the Mobile Pass campaign personalisation tokens are inserted, go the Links menu on the left-hand side panel and deactivate Track option for the pass campaign links.
3. Completing the email campaign
- Complete the email campaign and it is ready to launch.
- Once the email campaign is launched the user can click the links that has been added to the “Add to Google Wallet” or to the “Add to Apple Wallet” images.
The individual, personalized Mobile Passes will be generated on the fly.
The users will see a preview of their individual Mobile passes and have the option to drop the pass or save it to their Mobile Wallet.
4. Testing the delivery of the Mobile Pass
7. After both of the Mobile Pass campaign personalisation tokens are inserted make sure that you test the end-to-end workflow of the Mobile Pass delivery:
a. Generate a testmail that includes the links to the Mobile Wallet to the test users.
b. Once the testusers received the testemail with the Mobile Wallet link click the link in the email.
c. Verify if the Mobile Pass is properly generated and it can be saved to the Mobile Wallet of the testuser.
- Make sure, you perform this step for both of the mobile platforms: Android and iOS.