SUMMER RELEASE 2021
One again, we are unstoppable and here we are with a major release containing countless new features, big and small.
Let's see the new features organized around the three main objectives of today's marketers, together with the features on pilot release:
But first, we recommend that you watch our full webinar covering all the new functionality. The webinar is 45 minute long.
Accelerate time to value
Automation journey builder improvements: we have introduced several enhancements to the Automation experience, you can add comments to the nodes, you can add custom names to the nodes and you can also perform bulk actions on them.
Campaign updates in VCE: you can apply template modifications to any campaigns built from that template. Learn more.
Tactics: we have created several new out-of-the-box Tactics:
Deliver true 1-to-1 personalized omnichannel experiences
Configurable recommendation rules: you can create flexible product recommendation layouts using product catalogue fields as standalone tokens. Learn more.
Low in stock use cases: you can notify customers who are interested in a specific product when the stocks are running low. Learn more.
Multilanguage: you can manage all the language versions of your emails in one campaign, resulting in simplified automated programs. Learn more.
Mobile messaging inbox improvements: Inbox actions allow you to add links or application events to be triggered. How the links are displayed is under the control of the app developer. Learn more.
In-App messaging updates: we have fine-tuned the In-App messages feature with some enhancements around timeframe settings, JSON editing and segment differences. Learn more.
Loyalty improvements: the new referral program is designed to incentivize Loyalty members to invite their friends to purchase in the store. Loyalty members who bring friends who buy are rewarded. Learn more.
Produce measurable business outcomes
Omnichannel revenue reporting improvements: SMS is now available as a revenue reporting channel for all customers. Learn more.
Strategic impact reporting: Targets that run out of the target period by more than 14 days, move automatically to the Target History page, in order to avoid your Strategic Dashboard page being overcrowded. Learn more.
Transparent usage-based billing: provide you a transparent billing system where you can manage the total number of utilization of your accounts for each product. Learn more.
Geofence-based messaging: this can be used in location targeting of campaigns for sending to user groups across multiple mobile platforms and devices. Learn more.
Self-served value measurement: you can measure the impact of your Automation Center programs by using this node. Learn more.
Configurable conversion events: you can measure the impact of your campaigns across channels and specific to your business goals through non-purchase conversion events. Learn more.
Enterprise enhanced multi-account structure: if you have multiple accounts, you can easily distribute a copy of your Automation programs to another account. Learn more.
Emarsys SDK cross-platform support: the Flutter plug-in makes it possible to use a single code base and still deploy the application on both Android and iOS. Learn more.
Summer Release 2021 webinar
When will I see these in my account?
For the smaller updates between our major releases, see our Changelog.
Here you can find some of the latest releases. Previous releases can be viewed in the Release notes - Archive.
SPRING RELEASE 2021
These challenging times cannot stop us, here we are again with a plethora of new features.
We are building a community! Ask your questions by posting them to our Community Hub and read the answers from professionals just like you.
Let's see the new features organized around the three main objectives of today's marketers:
But first, we recommend that you watch our full webinar covering all the new functionality. The webinar is one hour long and is available on demand.
Accelerate time to value
- New editor for Automation Center: create new or edit existing Automation Center programs with the New Editor. Besides plenty of useful features, the New Editor provides you with a smoother and more comfortable editing experience. Learn more.
- Shared overview page for AC and Interactions: all your Automation Center, Interactions and Product catalog updates programs are listed on the Automation Programs page. You can easily create Automation Center, Interactions and Product catalog updates programs and Tactics by clicking the Create Program button. Learn more.
- Lead acquisition Tactic for Shopify customers: helps you to acquire new contacts using forms to capture leads on your website, then sending them a confirmation email about their registration to your contact database. Learn more.
- Notification Center: it has been updated with new, custom notification settings. The most common notification use cases are collected with the links to the relevant Help Portal articles to help you understand your notifications better and find the solution easily. Learn more.
- Flexible sales data onboarding for Plug-ins customers: you can easily upload your sales data into Smart Insight via the Emarsys Shopify or Magento plug-in. Learn more.
- Usability fixes: we have updated several usability issues, making the handling of the application easier. Learn more on our Changelog.
- We have a wide range of new Tactics:
Use mobile to deliver true 1-to-1 personalized omnichannel experiences
- Mobile Inbox: you can store mobile messages in a central area of the mobile app for longer mobile engagements. Learn more.
- Inline In-app messages: by using this feature you can show a message in a predefined section of the screen within the app content. Learn more.
- Multi-step In-app messages: use this for onboarding or communicating messages that would be too long to fit into one app screen. In the editor, you can control screen flow of multistep messages based on conditions specified for user interactions. Learn more.
- In-app On-event actions: these allow you to trigger any available actions that you would normally do with a user-facing button, but without displaying any content to your users and directly performing these actions right after triggering event. Learn more.
- New combined segment experience: the new combined segment editor brings you a brand new editing experience. Besides plenty of new features, it’s much easier to create complex combined segments. Learn more.
- Wishlist: you can quickly respond to your contacts’ wishlist updates with Interactions and Product Catalog Updates. Learn more.
- Abandoned Cart Refreshed: you can send fast and personalizable adandoned cart messages. Learn more.
Produce measurable business outcomes
- SMS revenue attribution: the SMS channel is now available in the Revenue Attribution Service for Smart Insight users. Learn more.
- Loyalty Groups: you can create Loyalty groups that include multiple loyalty members. A group of individual members whose personal Status Points are calculated together and allows them, as a group, to upgrade their status faster and enjoy enhanced benefits. Learn more.
We also provide some features as part of our Product Pioneers program.
- Distributing Automation Center programs: if you have multiple accounts, you can easily distribute a copy of your Automation Center program to another account. Learn more.
- SAP SSO: the Single Sign-on feature enables SAP customers to access Emarsys accounts without the need of adding login credentials. Learn more.
- Campaign update: by using this feature you can apply template modifications to campaigns previously built from that template. Learn more.
Only a few months have passed since our greatest release ever and here we are again with a handful of exciting improvements.
Here is a short video about the new features:
Let's see them in detail.
- Notification Center: it informs our users about the most important errors, warnings and activities that happen in the platform. It is fully customizable based on the users' needs. Our notifications are real time, informative and actionable. Learn more.
- Contextual help: provides relevant help to the users within the app where they need it, without disturbing their workflow. Learn more.
- Loyalty multiplan: allows you to manage multiple loyalty plans simultaneously in the same account. Each plan is managed separately with its own wallet, tiers, fixed benefits, actions, rewards and reporting. Learn more.
- Update contact list node: You can add contacts to or remove them from a contact list with this node. Learn more.
- Scheduling programs: From now on, you can schedule Interactions programs. Learn more.
- New program statuses: The list of available program statuses and actions have been updated. Learn more.
- Changing the program status: You can check how programs in different statuses behave on this page. Learn more.
- Multi-language campaigns: it enables you to manage all the language versions of your emails in one campaign, resulting in simplified automated programs. Multi-language email feature is available in the VCE only. Learn more.
- Web behavior segmentation: you can take action on website consumer behavior. Define crucial touch / action points in your sales funnel, send custom events with Web Extend as they happen and create segments that are available in Automation and in Channels. Learn more.
- Abandoned browse: to use when a customer browses, but makes no purchase and adds nothing to cart. Learn more.
- Abandoned browse (Top-selling product): to use when a customer browses one of the top-selling products of a shop according to Product Affinity, but makes no purchase and adds nothing to cart. Learn more.
- Abandoned browse (Top-selling category): to use when a customer browses one of the top-selling categories of a shop according to Product Affinity but makes no purchase and adds nothing to cart. Learn more.
- Shopify Tactics: you can use 12 different Tactics triggered by your Shopify events. Start here.
Subscription Mobile First
- In-app messaging: you can display messages to your users while they are within your mobile app. Enhance the user experience with content that maintains the look & feel of your app, react to users' behaviors inside the app with a contextual message, driving your users to particular places in the app, providing information, giving out rewards or promoting purchases. Learn more.
- New Mobile Engage Dashboard: Mobile Engage customers can now get a good overview of how the overall app user engagement evolves over time. Learn more.
Find out more about our new pilot products in our new program called Product Pioneers.
When will I see these in my account?
For the minor updates between our major releases, see our Changelog.