SUMMER RELEASE 2020
We can proudly say that we have arrived at a true milestone. Our biggest release so far is here, with 20+ features and functions grouped into five main themes. In addition, several new features are available for pilot customers, too.
Here is a short video to summarize all the changes.
Now, let's just dive into the details.
Deliver measurable business outcomes through attribution.
- Revenue Analytics - this page helps you to understand how your marketing activities are contributing to your business results by analyzing your revenue statistics, and shows you those Automation Center programs and email campaigns that made the most significant impact on your customers. Learn more.
- Revenue impact email digest - you can subscribe to a weekly email that provides an overview of how Emarsys campaigns contributed to your revenue. Learn more.
- Revenue widget in the reports of AC programs - you can check the revenue generated by your Automation Center program in the Revenue generated by the program widget on the Program Summary page. Learn more.
- Revenue widget in the reports of push campaigns - you can check the revenue generated by your push campaigns in the Mobile Engage Dashboard. Learn more.
- Smart Insight data quality improvements - the renewed Data Quality page provides you with up-to-date reports of your contact, product, order and sales data collected by Smart Insight. Learn more.
Omnichannel acceleration to foster customer loyalty.
- New user interface design for Tactics - we have updated the user interface and the workflow of Tactics, according to your feedback. Learn more.
- Shopify flow support - you can use the Emarsys Set contact data node in any of your Shopify workflow programs. By using this node, you can synchronize your tags from Shopify to Emarsys in real time and use them to trigger a program, create a segment or personalize any marketing content. Learn more.
- Repeatable blocks for Product catalog update Tactics - the process of updating your campaigns for Product catalog update Tactics (i.e. Price drop and Back in stock) has become easier than before. By using the Product Source settings, you can easily configure the variables used in your Price drop or Back in stock campaigns. Learn more.
- Retail Tactics - we have developed tactics specifically for the Retail vertical. Learn more.
- SMS Tactics - we have new Tactics, where the SMS channel plays a crucial role. Learn more.
Drive real time, channel-agnostic, customer-centric personalization.
- Personalization service - create tokens that are reusable across different channel campaigns. These tokens are placeholders for contact specific data. Learn more.
- CRM Ads: Google lead ads - you can create lead ads with Google, by mapping Google's fields to Emarsys' fields. Learn more.
- Real Time Interactions - this feature is designed to build time-critical, rule-based, and activity-driven customer journeys on a single-customer level and it allows you to respond to your customers’ behavior immediately. Learn more.
Drive highly personalized customer engagement on Mobile.
- Silent push messages - you can send background notifications to your application without disturbing the user. Learn more.
- Contact preview - The contact preview feature allows marketers to preview the campaign with the inclusion of the personalisation tokens replaced with the appropriate contact data. Learn more.
- Translator view, Action buttons, VCE and Personalization service, device-level filtering - we have several minor upgrades of the Mobile Engage feature. Learn more.
Improved personalized experience and campaign creation tools to accelerate marketing execution.
- Automation Center program reporting page enhancement - previously, detailed information and charts were only available for the last 7 on the advanced Program Summary page. This limitation has now been removed.
- New home page - you can design your individual, tailor-made landing page with personalized shortcuts to make your navigation easier and with useful widgets to aid your everyday work. Learn more.
- New user interface design - we have a new interface which not only looks great, but also follows the latest industry standards, while still keeping its own identity. Learn more.
- Loyalty Tactics - we have Tactics for customers using Loyalty. Learn more.
- Revenue attribution settings - you can measure the impact of your campaigns across various channels and optimize your marketing activities with the Revenue attribution service. Learn more.
- Store reporting - this helps you check and analyze the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of your brick and mortar stores and you can optimize your marketing campaigns or product offers accordingly. Learn more.
- In-app messaging - these allow you to display messages to your users while they are within your mobile app. Learn more.
- SMS link tracking - you can track the links sent to your customers via SMS. Learn more.
When will I see these in my account?
Please note that all features related to Tactics will be rolled out on all environments on June 10.
For the minor updates between our major releases, see our Changelog.
Here you can find some of the latest releases. Previous releases can be viewed in the Release notes - Archive.
In this month's release, we have introduced a new user interface as well as some minor upgrades.
Updates to the Platform
Strategic Dashboard timeline data aggregator
By default, the results are shown per day on the Strategic Dashboard. Now you can switch between daily, weekly or monthly views. For more information, see The Strategic Dashboard.
Emarsys Scripting Language validation
While adding an ESL snippet to your content, the ESL script is automatically validated on a campaign level. Saving the token is not possible while the script is invalid. For more information, see ESL Validation.
External background images
As well as using the Media Database, you can now insert background images from external URLs. For more information, see Image properties.
Updates to this Help Portal
- We have created a Best Practices document for the Real Time Interaction pilot feature.
- The Magento documentation has been updated with support for custom fields.
- We have added a troubleshooting article about emails not appearing in smart phones' dark mode.
- We have updated the minimum size of Facebook audiences in the CRM Ads documentation.
- We have updated and restructured the Email Archive document.
- We have revised and updated the Mobile First Email document.
Updates to the platform
This tool makes it possible for you to set up and configure Smart Insight for yourself.
For more information, see Smart Insight Self-Service tool.
Smart Insight settings
You can modify your Smart Insight settings that have been configured during the onboarding process.
For more information, see Smart Insight settings.
Omnichannel personalization for SMS
Personalization tokens can now be created and used in the SMS channel.
For more information, see SMS - End-user guide.
Device-level filtering for push messages
You can add device-level filtering to your already existing segments.
For more information, see Apply segment criteria for devices.
New campaign editing experience for push messages
We have updated the look and feel of the push message content editor user interface.
For more information, see Content creation.
Features on pilot release
Real Time Interaction
With our new Real Time Interaction feature, you can react immediately to your individual customers' actions. You can have relevant conversations with them based on their most recent actions, and thus drive engagement.
For more information, see Real Time Interaction - Overview.
Voucher tokens for omnichannel personalization
You can now use your voucher pools to create personalization tokens that are re-usable across multiple channels.
For more information, see Creating a Voucher token.
Updates to this Help Portal
- We have updated the fields in Preparing your sales data file document.
- We have updated the Relational Data documentation with security recommendations.
- We have updated the Web Channel documentation with SPA support.
- The Reply management article has been updated with new screenshots and descriptions.