Lo sentimos. Esta página no ha aún traducida. No se preocupe, el equipo localización de Emarsys está trabajando duro para proporcionarle toda la documentación en su idioma!
The Emarsys Magento 2 integration removes the need for manual data handling, and provides a responsive and reliable integration. The plug-and-play solution eliminates the need for IT overheads, and makes the data available to Emarsys’ powerful analytic and execution capabilities.
Taking advantage of Emarsys’ automated capabilities enables multi-channel campaigns that can trigger responses based on any number of data-change metrics. With support for additional real-time transactional mailing and AI-driven product recommendations, the Magento 2 data can automatically be put to work as part of your marketing strategy.
With additional support for sales and product catalog data synchronization, the customer engagement capabilities can be further refined with personalized product recommendations, or even stock clearance campaigns.
The Emarsys for Magento integration synchronizes contact data from Magento to Emarsys, and provides a bi-directional opt-in data synch between the two. The field mapping defined during setup is what controls which data is synchronized.
The integration creates a secure channel to synchronize data between the two systems, making the Magento information available for deep analytics and automated execution in the Emarsys cloud.
The integration is divided into two distinct phases:
- Initial setup and data load.
- Ongoing data updates and maintenance.
The initial setup and data load needs to have the correct Emarsys resources available to proceed, including file transfer resources and database fields.
Once the initial data load has completed, ongoing updates will be processed via API calls for individual user events. For Emarsys Predict or Smart Insight users, the additional data updates are handled via a daily synch.
This integration requires the following in order to be successful:
- PHP, SQL and API aptitude.
- PHP SOAP extension.
- AOE Scheduler.
- A WebDAV folder.
- An FTPS folder (Smart Insight and Predict only).
Initial setup overview
|Verify the prerequisites||Emarsys & Customer /customer’s agency||Emarsys||1 hour|
|Create the Emarsys account||Emarsys||Emarsys||1 working day|
|Create Magento fields (long text):
|Configure Magento||Emarsys & Customer /customer’s agency||Customer||3 hours|
|Verify the integration||Emarsys & Customer /customer’s agency||Customer||3 hours|
If one or both of the Magento module and the Emarsys account aren’t already set up, they will need to be factored into the timeline. If both already exist, then those sections of the creation timeline can be disregarded.
For a detailed description of the technical configuration steps, please see the Magento 2 Integration Manual.
Before the integration can begin, the following prerequisites need to be met:
You already have an Emarsys account
Emarsys account creation is taken care of by Emarsys Support, and a WebDAV folder is included as part of the setup by default. If you do not already have an account, please contact Emarsys support.
Make sure to specify that API access is needed. This is not always included, and is a key requirement for the integration to work.
Clients who wish to use Emarsys Smart Insight and/or Predict, will get an additional SFTP folder created as part of their account setup, which is needed to process updates.
The Emarsys for Magento 2 integration supports over 50 different events which can be used to trigger transactional content.
Only customer facing events can be mapped, back end events such as stock level updates are not possible to map.
Information on how to configure transactional messages using the Triggered Email feature is available here.
You already have a Magento account
The Magento e-commerce platform should already have been set up with the Emarsys module before attempting the integration. Our clients usually have a technical agency providing support for their Magento installation, and any questions about this should go to your Magento support team.
Information on how to set up the Magento shop is available here.
Before the initial data load, the following account-related resources should be tested and verified as working correctly:
- The client (or their agency) can access and write to the Emarsys WebDAV folder (access from the hosting server(s)).
- The Magento database fields exist in Emarsys, and are correctly pulling data.
- API credentials are working, and can successfully make changes to the Emarsys DB.
- The client (or their agency) can access and write to the Emarsys FTPS folder (Smart Insight or Predict clients only) from their hosting infrastructure
To transfer the data from Magento, a number of internal steps need to be taken to make sure that the data is correctly formatted for use in Emarsys. Meeting these requirements defines what data to use for both the initial import, and the ongoing updates.
Contact Data Configuration Requirement
The following configuration must be made by the client, or via their own technical support, e.g. agency.
- Install the Emarsys module in Magento.
- Verify and comply with the Emarsys Installation Checklist.
- Define the connection settings for API and WebDAV.
- Define the correct field mapping for customer and customer fields.
- Define the opt-in settings.
Smart Insight & Predict Configuration Requirements
The following additional Configuration steps are required for Smart Insight and Predict users:
- Configure the Feed Export parameters for the sales data synchronization.
- Define the correct field mapping for customer and customer fields.
- Define the connection setting for SFTP.
- Configure the Feed Export parameters for the product data synchronization.
Predict users who do not have Smart Insight will only need to configure the product data sync, and can ignore the sales data and SFTP requirements.
Transactional Messaging Configuration Requirements
Magento 2 has over 50 different customer facing events which can be used as triggers for any number of Emarsys campaigns. From standard order confirmation, to shipping confirmation, to account updates, any of the available Magento functionalities are available to map in. Proceed as follows:
- Associate the Emarsys external event with each event type using the drop-down of available events.
- Define the field mapping for Order Confirmation, Shipping Confirmation, and Password Reset messages.
- Define the payload that will sent each time the configured event is triggered. This can contain any available data on Magento, and can be used for personalization in Emarsys.
Each transactional message type needs to have a fully operational Triggered Email mail stream in Emarsys, complete with an external event before this can be used in Magento. More information is available here.
Once the integration point checks are verified and the Magento configuration steps are complete, the initial customer data load can begin.
Contact Data Load
Here, a snapshot of the Magento user database is transferred and merged into the Emarsys database, and consists of all the desired customer data.
In order to proceed, the following is required:
- Active WebDAV connection.
- Correctly mapped fields.
- Correctly defined opt-in handling.
- An auto-import set up in Emarsys to import the contacts.
The opt-in status must be defined, selecting from forcing them all to True, forcing them to Empty, or force it to true for all users with a certain attribute.
The initial data load starts as soon as the Export button is clicked, and the time required to process the data load depends on the size of the database being synchronized. In the Emarsys account, there should now be a user- list with all imported users. Check the counts and the opt-ins in this list to verify that this matches with the export from Magento.
Sales & product data load
For Emarsys Smart Insight and Predict users, both the initial data load and ongoing updates are handled via SFTP or web scripts. Each data type synchronization is handled according to the settings defined in the relevant Magento screen.
In order to proceed, the following are required:
- Correctly configured Feed Export for the sales data synchronization.
- Correctly configured Feed Export settings for the product data synchronization.
No changes are needed to the sales or product data, as the field mappings for both are handled as part of the Smart Insight / Predict setups.
The integration will now automatically synchronize the data between the systems, using the field mappings specified during the setup.
Customer data synchronization is the only synch type that changes from WebDAV (initial) to API (ongoing), Smart Insight and Predict data consistently use the same synchronization mechanism(s).
Managing contact data
Once the initial data load is completed, the customer data should synchronize with the Emarsys database whenever it changes in the Magento database. Additionally, subscription changes that occur in Emarsys, are synced back to Magento periodically.
To test that the synchronization is working, proceed as follows
- Create a new dummy account.
- Login to the shop with the dummy account.
- Make a test order.
- Update the user profile.
- Change the subscription value of one or more of your contacts in Emarsys. The next day, the change should be visible in Magento.
- Monitor the Emarsys database to track the data changes.
Managing product data
Once the initial data load is completed, product data will automatically synchronize once every 24 hours via a full product catalog import (not just delta).
To test that the synchronization is working, add a new product to the Magento web shop, and then query the data in Emarsys after the load to see if the new product has been imported correctly.
There are three types of opt-in scenarios that Magento supports, including Newsletter subscriptions, New Account subscriptions, and Checkout process subscriptions. Opt-in follow-up is handled by Magento by default, but can be configured to be handled by Emarsys, which lets the opt-in be used as part of additional marketing campaigns. Each opt-in scenario gives the option to choose from single or double opt in.
Each opt-in type needs to have an Emarsys External Event associated with a fully operational automation program before this can be configured in Magento.
For each opt-in scenario:
- Associate the External Event with the opt-in request response.
- Associate the External Event with the opt-in confirmation.
Opt-outs can requests can be triggered either via an end user editing their opt-in preferences in their Magento account, or by using the unsubscribe function in the Emarsys email. There are two avenues that a contact can use to opt-out:
- A contact changes their opt-in status in their account preference screen of the Magento shop, which is then synchronized to Emarsys via API in real time.
- A contact clicks an unsubscribe link in an email campaign, and the update is then synchronized back to the Magento shop.
In either scenario, whichever value with the most recent time-stamp is treated as used as the current status.
The integration makes all the Magento e-commerce data available to Emarsys, which can then combine that with the campaign data to build a more complete customer overview.
A complete overview, paired with powerful analytic capabilities, lets marketers create sophisticated multi-step campaigns to automatically trigger content based on changes in the data.
- Deep insights into personas within the data sets.
- Automated birthday campaigns.
- Detailed revenue and purchase reporting.
- AI driven product recommendations in both email and on the website (Predict only).
- Automated customer lifecycle treatment by lifecycle stage (Smart Insight only).
- Personalize content by spend value and product affinity (Smart Insight only).