It's that time of the year again!
Black Friday is a day of massive volumes for email globally, which puts pressure on every part of the sending infrastructure. All our accounts will be more active than usual, and all ISPs will take longer to deliver emails to the inbox, slowing down the responses.
As you are preparing your Black Friday campaigns, here is a brief summary of all the improvements that we have made in the backend since last year.
We have also prepared a list of best practices for you so that you can make the best of our industry-leading technology.
We are here for you
First and foremost, don't panic! Your success is our success, and we spend a lot of time and effort preparing for this event.
Last year our servers had 100% uptime during the Black Friday weekend and we successfully delivered over 520 million emails, 20 million push messages and handled more than 50 million API calls on the day itself.
This year we have prepared our systems to an average increase of 30% in the numbers and have carried out a lot of improvements.
For those of you who do not get excited about the technical details, the short version is this: the Automation Center, segmentation, personalization, Mobile Engage, Web Channel and email-related services, such as spam complaints and unsubscribe request handling became much faster, more reliable and easily scalable.
For the more tech-savvy readers, here is a detailed list of improvements:
More reliable services
- Several services, including the AI, has been moved to Google Cloud Platform, making them more reliable and scalable.
- Participation calculation in Automation Center is faster due to cleaning of the participation table.
- Mobile Engage segmentation moved to the more scalable Universal Segmentation service.
- The most common behavior segments are served by the much faster Behavior Segmentation service.
- The Contact Segmentation service is using a new job framework.
- Predict storage engine calculates recommendations 50% faster.
- Mobile event processing became more robust and has a higher throughput.
- SMS is now using a dedicated worker.
- Push message generator uses queues by customer so they don’t affect each other.
- Stabilized the publication/unpublication of campaigns.
- Asynchronous personalization in Web Channel made possible to use RDS.
- Handling of unsubscribe requests and user list deletion became faster.
- Response handling has been moved partly to the cloud.
- Spam complaints handling has been sped up.
- Online version performance has been scaled up.
You might want to sign up to our trust page: https://trust.emarsys.com/.
In this way you will get live notifications and updates on any incidents that might affect your business.