It's that time of the year again!
Black Friday is a day of massive volumes for email globally, which puts pressure on every part of the sending infrastructure. All our accounts will be more active than usual, and all ISPs will take longer to deliver emails to the inbox, slowing down the responses.
As you are preparing your Black Friday campaigns, here is a brief summary of all the improvements that we have made in the backend since last year.
We have also prepared a list of best practices for you so that you can make the best of our industry-leading technology.
We are here for you
First and foremost, don't panic! Your success is our success, and we spend a lot of time and effort preparing for this event.
Last year our servers had 100% uptime during the Black Friday weekend and we successfully sent out more than 1.1 billion (yes!) emails, an increase of 36% compared to the previous year.
We have increased the number of SMS messages sent by a sheer 60% (7 million messages sent), and we managed to send out 70 million push messages on Black Friday 2021.
This year we have prepared our systems to an average increase of 30% in the numbers and have carried out a lot of improvements to support this.
For those of you who do not get excited about the technical details, the short version is this: the Automation Center, segmentation, personalization, Web Channel, Interactions, Predict and Analytics, as well as the hardware all these services use have become faster, more reliable and more easily scalable.
For the more tech-savvy readers, here is a detailed (but not exhaustive) list of improvements:
- DNS resolution speed up by switching to SAP global solution.
- Uplink network bandwidth has been increased to 4x100 GB.
- Interactions attempt to call decision node is now without central ingress.
- We have made the message generator more reliable, by adding fetcher idempotency and messages are distribution group agnostic.
- We reduced the fetch messages response time.
- Data transformation: segment results are extracted from main database to lower load and decrease locks.
You might want to sign up to our trust page: https://trust.emarsys.com/.
In this way, you will get live notifications and updates on any incidents that might affect your business.