June 15, 2021: Automation updates
June 7, 2021: MMS campaigns
The SMS channel is now extended with a dedicated MMS content creator. Learn more.
June 4, 2021: Revenue Attribution Service
The SMS channel is now globally available. Learn more.
June 2, 2021: Combined segments
We have collected a few examples describing what happens to existing combined segments after migrating to the new editor. Learn more.
June 1, 2021: New version of the Android Emarsys SDK
Version 2.14.3 of the Android Emarsys SDK has been released. Learn more.
May 20, 2021: Updates
Our Multi-language feature (currently in piloting) uses the IETF language standard to help you to manage localized email campaigns. Therefore, we have defined a contact field using IETF language tags which will determine the language version your contacts will see.
As we are approaching global release for the Multi-language feature, were giving a head start for customers to populate language data in their contact database, to prepare for creating multi-language campaigns. Learn more.
Product catalog updates
- Low in stock: From now on, you can notify customers who are interested in a specific product when the stocks are running low with the Low in stock product catalog change type. Learn more.
- Back in stock: Now you can use the Notify contacts only if a minimum stock amount is available option within the Back in stock product catalog change type. With this option, you can configure your program to notify contacts only if at least the specified quantity of a product is available. Learn more.
May 11, 2021: Barcode configuration add-on
Now you can directly configure barcodes, which you can use in your marketing campaigns. Learn more.
May 6, 2021: Combined segments
Now you can replace segments that you added accidentally to your combined segment in the new combined segment editor. Learn more.
April 29, 2021: Automation updates
April 23, 2021: Automation Center documentation
The Automation Center documentation has been reorganized. Learn more.
April 6, 2021: Updates
Starting from 6 April 2021, Emarsys uses Matomo to track user experience including certain interactions with the Emarsys service and page performance related data on the Emarsys platform UI. Our goal is to identify problems in due time, improve your user experience and deliver the best tool to you. Data collected is only used for product development purposes.
We track individual actions but do not identify individual users. Data collected with Matomo is stored on Emarsys infrastructure and remains at all times under the control of Emarsys. Emarsys does not make the data accessible to any third party.
You can opt out of being tracked anytime by contacting support or your success manager.
April 1, 2021: Updates
- Interactions - From now on, you can change your program’s structure regardless of its status in Interactions. Learn more.
- Automation Center New Editor - From now on, you can change your program’s structure regardless of its status in the Automation Center New Editor. Learn more.
- Automation Center - The Delete contacts node is available in the Automation Center. Learn more.
- Deleting personal data - A new section describing how to delete personal data after the retention period has expired is available on the Help Portal. Learn more.
March 31, 2021: Interactions
You can define conditions using every product detail from your product catalog to fine-tune real-time engagements with your customers. Learn more.
March 22, 2021: Updates
March 18, 2021: Updates
March 17, 2021: Interactions updates
- Adding item conditions - You can create decisions processing each item in a product list to check whether any of them matches the defined conditions. Learn more.
- Total cart value attribute - The Total cart value attribute is now available within the Updated cart and Purchased Web Extend events. Learn more.
- New text operators - You can search in text fields without knowing the exact value you are looking for with the operators contains any of, contains all of and contains none of within the Decision node. Learn more.
March 11, 2021: Revenue Attribution Service - Plugin Sales Data
From now on, Plugin Sales Data is available as a data source in the Revenue Attribution Service. Learn more.
March 9, 2021: Usability fixes
Usability fixes and improvements were made in the following areas:
Enhanced Marketer Experience:
- Actions at the end of table rows now can be opened in a new window.
- Date picker now supports minimum and maximum dates where necessary.
- Filter options in tables now support multiple keywords and search for exact matches using quotation marks.
- Notification Centre is integrated into the navigation bar to enable easy access.
- Improved experience for disabling send nodes.
- Improved experience for setting Product Catalog Updates.
- Improved experience for attribute filtering and array-handling.
- Strategic Dashboard: Fixed an issue where the tooltips on charts displayed the current- and comparison periods results in the wrong order.
- Strategic Dashboard: Tactics widgets on the detailed strategy reports show the attributed purchases and revenue in a way that the cumulative contribution of channels is visible.
Mobile & WebMail:
- Email Channel: Fixed a bug when a campaign is sent it disappears from the campaign list overview.
- Email Channel: Fixed a bug where creating a campaign from a template was not possible.
- SMS Channel: We show now the connected AC campaigns in the campaign list page.
March 5, 2021: Automation Center - Program Summary
The Program Summary page will change on March 10, 2021. All Program Summary pages will be switched over to the improved version where you can see a more detailed, day-to-day overview of your programs instead of aggregated data. You can look back on your program's reporting up to six months. Learn more.
March 3, 2021: Interactions
You can easily open the selected resource and its reporting page in the Send email, Mobile Engage push message, Update contact list, Mobile in-app - add and Mobile in-app - remove nodes and in the Included in segment template of the Decision node. Learn more.
February 26, 2021: Changes is Deliverability Reporting and Deliverability Advisor
Emarsys has removed the inbox placement traffic light from Deliverability Reporting and dedicated IP reputation from Deliverability Advisor as of February 24, 2021. This decision follows the policy changes at Google, which limit access to Gmail, one of our most important mailbox providers. This has resulted in Return Path from Validity being removed from the market. Emarsys decided to focus on other areas that we believe will bring more immediate value, like more flexible opt-in management in email, improved Deliverability Advisor with more actionable recommendations or even scaled transactional marketing messages for more 1:1 personalization. Emarsys and Validity will continue to work together to bring you unrivalled email success. Tools from Validity, such as their Everest solution, are available directly from Validity.
Our Support and your Client Success teams are at your disposal in case you have any additional queries.
February 25, 2021: Effects of contact deletion on reports
You can find more details on how contact deletion affects reports and analytics on the Help Portal. Learn more.
February 19, 2021: Changes on the Help Portal
February 15, 2021: Notification use cases
The Notification Center is updated with new, custom notification settings. The most common notification use cases are collected with the links to the relevant Help Portal articles to help you understand your notifications better and find the solution easily. Learn more.
February 10, 2021: Campaign Update
The Campaign Update feature is available as a pilot. This improvement enables you to update multiple email campaigns at once by distributing your email template changes among them. Learn more.
February 8, 2021: Smart Insight - Data Quality and Data Load notifications
You can subscribe to Smart Insight Data Quality and Data Load notifications in the Notification Center. Learn more.
February 5, 2021: Interactions
From now on, you can filter External events based on the time when they were received by Interactions with the
ems_event_time attribute. Learn more.
February 1, 2021: SAP Single Sign-on feature
From now on, SAP customers can access Emarsys accounts without the need of adding login credentials. Learn more.
February 1, 2021: Shopify plug-in update
A new section describing how Emarsys handles Shopify product availability data is now available on the Help Portal. Learn more.
January 19, 2021: Interactions
- From now on, you can use custom Web Extend tags to trigger programs, personalize your content and select them in Decision, Decision splitter and Wait for event nodes. Learn more.
- By setting up the trigger event timeout value, you can configure the time period after which events will expire and they will not trigger Interactions programs. Learn more.
- You can define conditions by checking whether events contained specific attributes when they were triggered the last time with the Last time the event happened template. Learn more.
- You can easily disable or enable Interactions nodes. Learn more.
January 14, 2021: Revenue Attribution Service
Now Account Administrators can change the data source used by the Revenue Attribution Service if you have multiple sources of data. Learn more.
December 7, 2020: Automation
From now on, all your Automation Center, Interactions and Product catalog updates programs are listed on the Automation Programs page. You can easily create Automation Center, Interactions and Product catalog updates programs and Tactics by clicking the Create Program button. Learn more.
December 1, 2020: Smart Insight - RFM Advisor
From now on you can filter the charts on the RFM Advisor page. Learn more.
November 18, 2020
Magento plug-in update
The Emarsys Magento 2 (v2) plug-in version 1.14.1 is now available. Learn more.
A new page describing how to reload data into Smart Insight is available on the Help Portal. Learn more.
November 17, 2020: Automation Center
November 9, 2020: Interactions - Abandoned cart programs
A new article describing how to build abandoned cart programs in Interactions is available on the Help Portal. Learn more.
October 16, 2020: Interactions - Program summary
The Program Summary page has been updated. Now you can check the reports for a specific contact by entering their email address in the Search contact report field. Learn more.
October 15, 2020: Magento plug-in update
The Emarsys Magento 2 (v2) plug-in version 1.14.0 is now available. Merchants can trigger custom events from their webshop and use those in Emarsys to create campaigns or build automated programs. Learn more.
October 12, 2020
- Update contact list node: The Update contact list node is now available in Interactions. You can add contacts to or remove them from a contact list with this node. Learn more.
- Scheduling programs: From now on, you can schedule Interactions programs. Learn more.
- New program statuses: The list of available program statuses and actions have been updated. Learn more.
- Changing the program status: You can check how programs in different statuses behave on this page. Learn more.
- Update contact list node: New options are available within the Update contact list node. Learn more.
October 1, 2020: Smart Insight
Refunds Impact Report: You can check how refunds are distributed among the different customer lifecycle stages on this page. Learn more.
Refunds in the Smart Insight reports and calculations: You can check which Smart Insight reports and calculations take refunds into account on this page. Learn more.
September 25, 2020: Revenue Analytics
We have prepared a guide for you, to introduce you to the Revenue Analytics feature. Learn more.
September 23, 2020: Interactions - Event payload examples
We have collected a few JSON payload examples used in Interactions programs. Learn more.
September 16, 2020: Personalization Preview for Relational Data
The new Personalization Preview helps you to test and troubleshoot your reference and sorting fields for your tables or your views in Self-service and Hosted Self-service setups. Learn more.
September 9, 2020: Brand Indicators for Message Identification
The Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) provides you a simple way to display and manage brand-controlled logos when sending authenticated emails. You can increase recipient engagement with improved immediate brand recognition and enhanced user experience. Learn more.
September 7, 2020: Magento plug-in update
The Emarsys Magento 2 (v2) plug-in version 1.13.0 is now available. This release contains improvements related to choice fields (drop-down selectors) in Magento customer and product entities. Learn more.
September 7, 2020: Shopify plug-in update
Created At and
Updated At standard date fields are automatically mapped and synched to Emarsys. Learn more.
September 1, 2020: Form updates
Google's reCAPTCHA v2 is now supported in forms to provide an additional layer of defense against spammers. Learn more.
August 10, 2020: Interactions updates
Product catalog updates: By default, product data in price drop and back in stock campaigns is retrieved from the standard price or availability fields in your product catalog. You can change this setting with the Calculate based on a localized field option. Learn more.
Event attributes and recommended operators: From now on all the available attributes of the selected event are listed in the drop-down if you click the attribute_name field in the Event happened and Event did not happen templates of the Decision and Decision splitter nodes (if you selected the Trigger attribute template, then the attributes of the chosen Trigger event are listed in the drop-down). You can enter attributes that you would like to use in the future manually.
The recommended operators are automatically detected based on the attribute type. Learn more.
August 6, 2020: New version of the Android Emarsys SDK
Version 2.6.1 of the Android Emarsys SDK has been released. Learn more.
July 30, 2020: Interactive template blocks
You can insert interactive content blocks into your email templates. Learn more.
July 29, 2020: New version of the Android Emarsys SDK
Version 2.6.0 of the Android Emarsys SDK has been released. Learn more.
July 27, 2020: New article on email list bombing attacks
A new article is available on list bombing attacks and how to defend yourself against them. Learn more.
July 23, 2020: Interactions - Participation check
You can check if contacts are eligible to continue their journey in your Interactions program with the Participation check node. Learn more.
July 15, 2020: Custom automation nodes
We have made several custom marketing automation nodes globally available on request. Learn more.
July 13, 2020: Transactional campaigns available for behavioral segments
By the end of July 2020, transactional (triggered email or on-event) campaigns will be available for selection when you create email behavior segments. Learn more.
July 9, 2020: New version of the Android Emarsys SDK
Version 2.5.4 of the Android SDK has been released. Learn more.
July 7, 2020: Triggered email - using the API to trigger an external event
A new article has been published, demonstrating how to send an email using the API to trigger an external event and populating some simple external data into the email. Learn more.
July 6, 2020: ESL - new filter descriptions added
A description of the "even" and "odd" filters has been added to the Emarsys Scripting Language documentation. Learn more.
July 2, 2020: Web Channel Accelerate - sign-up form added and easier campaign creation
June 23, 2020: New version of the Android Emarsys SDK
Version 2.5.3 of the Android SDK has been released. Learn more.
April 15, 2020
Magento 2: Multi Stock Inventory
The Multi Stock Inventory collects product quantity information from different sources and updates the availability status in the product catalog on the Emarsys side. Learn more.
Magento 2: Flexible event handling
The Magento 2 (v2) plug-in supports flexible event handling, so from now on you can trigger events on the Emarsys or Magento side or on both sides and use them to send transactional and marketing messages. Learn more.
April 12, 2020
Relational Data: Sorting functionality
You can define the order for your tables and views beforehand, so only the most relevant results will be present in your messages. Learn more.
April 2, 2020
Web Channel: SPA support
Applying Single-Page Applications (SPA) in your Web Channel campaigns means that your site fits on a single page and SPA is dynamically rewriting, refreshing only the necessary part of it, in case of any user interactions. Learn more.
April 1, 2020
Version 2.5.0 of the Android SDK has been released. Learn more.
March 20, 2020
March 17, 2020
Mobile Engage: Translator view
Enable multiple translators to independently work on the translation of the different language versions of a push campaign. Learn more.
Mobile Engage: Tap Actions
These allow you to add action buttons to the push message and/or set the default action of the push message to be push to in-app. Learn more.