To schedule an automated export, navigate to the Contacts > Data Export page. Here you can schedule an automated Contact list, Data changes or Contact response export. To do so, select the corresponding tab in the top left corner, then click Export Scheduler in the top right corner.
On the Export Scheduler tab, you can define settings for the automated export. For this, you must use an export rule. Existing export rules can be:
- activated and
Creating a new export rule
Please avoid scheduling automated exports including the same segment at the same time to ensure the correct list of contacts in the exports. By such exports, try to offset the export time.
To create a new export rule, click New Rule; the Edit Rule page opens in a separate tab.
To schedule an export, proceed as follows:
1. Specify the following fields:
- Name of Schedule - Assign a name to the rule.
- The remaining controls are the same as for the manual export described in Exporting a contact list manually, Exporting a list of updated contacts manually and Exporting a list of contacts responses manually, with the exception of the following fields:
- Schedule - Here you specify if you want to export on a Monthly, Weekly or Daily basis, and define an export time.
- Next export on - Here you select the day when the next export will be generated, and the intervals for the automatic export are calculated from that day onwards.
Data contained in these scheduled automated exports is the new data since the last export.
It is possible to activate a feature that assigns the date of export to the exported file name (in the following format:
YYYY_MM_DD). If you are interested in this feature, please contact your Client Success Manager.
2. Choose data delivery method.
In the image below you can see the available methods (Email and SFTP) plus the fields for the SFTP method.
3. Once you are ready, click Save.
The export will be performed as scheduled.
The export job attempts to upload the files to the SFTP 8 times with delays between each retry. The job waits 600 seconds after the first attempt and then the delay is doubled after each retry (i.e. first attempt: 600 s, second: 1200 s, third: 2400 s, fourth: 4800 s, fifth: 9600 s, sixth: 19200 s, seventh: 38400 s, eighth: 76800 s).
If the last attempt fails, then an error message is displayed on the UI and in the Notification Center. You can also check the error on the Data Export page by clicking the error icon.