Lo sentimos. Esta página no ha aún traducida. No se preocupe, el equipo localización de Emarsys está trabajando duro para proporcionarle toda la documentación en su idioma!
Winning a first-time buyer is the hardest, most expensive step of your funnel. Don't waste the effort you spent, follow it up immediately with this tactic to convert them to active customers.
This tactic is only available to clients with the Advanced or Max AI product packages.
This lifecycle Tactic builds on the successful conversion of a lead to a first-time buyer and drives towards that crucial second purchase, turning them into repeat, loyal customers.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Drive active customer revenue
The Tactic filters for first-time buyers (as defined by your Smart Insight eRFM settings), sends them an email with an incentive to buy, and a reminder 4 days later if no purchase has been made.
In addition to email, you can also add the contact to a Web Channel audience and a CRM Ads audience at the same time. The Tactic will check every day for 4 days to see if a purchase has been made, and remove the contact from both audiences if this is the case.
Automation Center program
The program itself looks like this, with the basic email workflow on the top path, and CRM Ads (1) and Web Channel (2) on the path below.
The program starts with a Recurring filter node that runs every day and uses a Smart Insight segment that returns first-time buyers.
The program then waits for 4 days after the initial email before filtering to see if a purchase has been made. If TRUE, the contact exits the program. If FALSE, a reminder email is sent.
Web Channel / CRM Ads path
After adding the contact to the respective audience, the program filters each day for "predict last purchase date was in the last 2 days". If TRUE, the contact is removed from the audiences. If FALSE, they remain in the audience.
After 5 days the contact is removed from the audiences automatically.
From the Advanced package, this tactic uses:
- Web Extend
- Smart Insight
From the Max AI package, this tactic can use:
- Incentive Recommendation
- Send Time Optimization
The required data sources are:
- Contact data
- First name (subject line and content personalization)
- Web behavior data
- Predict last purchase date (to exit contacts from the program)
- Product data
- Product name, price, image and URL (for the Predict widgets)
- Sales data
- Smart Insight data is required for the entry node segment
- Web Channel
- CRM Ads
Preparing the Tactic for use
First, you should check that your account assets are ready for use.
Make sure that the data sources listed above are correctly configured and contain values for all the fields you will need.
You will need to upload a pool of voucher codes to use as incentives, or configure Incentive Recommendation if you are using that instead.
Then modify the message content for each of the channels.
If you have already downloaded and updated the Tactics template, you will already have made most of the necessary changes to the email content, and you only have to make the changes specific to this actual campaign (see Configuring a Tactic > Email campaigns for details).
Make any necessary changes to the creatives.
If you are using Web Channel, create a campaign to match the email and select this in the Web Channel - add node.
If you are using CRM Ads, create an ads campaign in your network of choice and create the audience that will link to it. Then select the audience in the CRM Ads - add to audience node.
When you are done, set the program's Participation Settings.
Since this is targeting first-time buyers, the participation setting should be only once ever.
Activating the Tactic
When you are done, activate the program. You will be able to check on the performance in the reporting pages of the Strategic Dashboard.
Testing the program
Testing this program is a little more complex due to the need for valid sales data.
To test this program:
- Set it to Test mode and select your test segment.
- Amend the initial segment from "Orders made X days ago: 10-10 (exactly 10 days ago)" to "Orders made X days ago: 1-1 (exactly 1 day ago).
- Make a purchase using an email address included in the test segment.
Your test contact will then enter the program tomorrow and you can respond to the messages as you wish.
Tips & Hints
Keep it clear of other post-purchase campaigns
- Since this Tactic is triggered by a first purchase, you should take care that it does not get mixed up with any other post-purchase campaigns that you might have running. You can manage this by adding a Wait node right after the entry node filter.
Fixed vouchers or Incentive Recommendation?
- Since you are targeting customers after just one purchase, Incentive Recommendation will not have much data on which to base its decision. Therefore a fixed incentive might be the better option.