Web Behavior Segmentation is only available as a pilot feature since December 2018 and requires a signed Pilot Service Order (SO). For further details on the feature and how to enable it in your account, contact Emarsys support.
Web Behavior Segmentation is based on visitor interactions on your website that you can collect using Web Extend. For example, it allows you to personalize content for visitors who purchased items of a certain value, viewed a product in your webshop, or visited pages of a certain category.
New to Web Extend?
- Read more on how it works in the Web Extend - Overview article.
- Web Extend requires initial setup on your website to work. For details, see Web Extend Data Collection API and Implementing the Web Extend data collection scripts.
Creating a Web behavior segment
To create a Web behavior segment, proceed as follows:
1. Select Contacts > Segments, then click Create segment.
2. Choose Web behavior segment in the pop-up.
3. Give your segment a name and add a description to it.
This can help you identify segments easily on the Segments page.
4. Choose a Web behavior segmentation template. You can choose from the following templates:
- Visitors who added items to the cart with a value – Select the timeframe and value of the visitor's cart. The currency is the default defined in your account.
- Visitors who viewed content – Select the timeframe and tag criteria. Tags allow you to collect data in the form that suits your particular use case.
- Visitors who viewed pages in category – Select the timeframe, category and occurrence.
5. When you are finished, click Save & Apply.