This article provides some examples of how Overlay type of Web Channel campaign can be used, and we guide you in deciding when and how to use it.
When should I use Overlay campaigns?
With Overlay type of Web Channel campaign you can raise your visitor's attention displaying an extra layer over your web site.
- Reactivate your inactive customers.
- Re-engage your leaving visitors.
- Allow your visitors to opt-in re-permisioning.
- Create a contact acquisition campaign.
Voucher for inactive mobile users
The following is a typical use case for using Overlay Web Channel campaign edited with Visual Editor:
Let's say you display a voucher for your inactive customer. You can offer the voucher to everyone who:
- Uses the site in English language.
- Whose shopping cart value is less then 20 euro.
- Purchase value is zero.
- You don't want to show your web campaign after a visitor clicked on it.
- Visits your website using the mobile application.
This filter would look like as follows:
The Overlay campaign for mobile device would look like this:
Registration form for customer acquisition
Let's say you would like to create an Overlay Web Channel campaign to acquire new customers. You can create a contact acquisition campaign by using the Visual Editor. Display a registration form for your visitors. You can offer the voucher to everyone who was inactive or not purchased regularly.
Opt-in re-permissioning campaign
Let's say your visitors are allowed to set the "opt-in" field to true, if they forgot to opt in during registration. This is an overlay campaign that you can edit with the Visual Editor.