If you are interested in the Google Pub/Sub Event, please contact your Client Success Manager.
The Emarsys Google Pub/Sub Event provides a scalable, flexible and reliable way to connect your different events business to Emarsys. It works as a low-latency middleware to the systems used by Emarsys for efficient extraordinary event handling.
Features where you can use Google Pub/Sub events
You can use this entry node for the following purposes:
- Triggering Interactions programs,
- Creating historical real-time Decisions used in Interactions,
- Using the Wait for event node,
- Using the payload for personalizing content with external event personalization when the campaign is triggered by Interactions.
Before enabling the Google Pub/Sub Event on your account, please collect the following pieces of information for each event type you plan to send to Emarsys:
- Event title (name)
- Scenario or use case
- Daily and hourly event volume (average and maximum)
- The number of programs that will be triggered by this event (expected scenarios that will start with this trigger event)
You can send all your event types within one Pub/Sub topic, so you will be able to add new events or build new scenarios when you need it providing that you follow the recommended volumes and payload size parameters based on your Implementation Consultant’s recommendation.
Important: Your event data should not be larger than 20 KB.
All your Pub/Sub topics are grouped into a single project to make access management easier. When Emarsys configures Pub/Sub topics for the first time, we will need your Google Group address. This group is used to manage access to your resources. Users added to the group will be able to generate credentials for the previously created Pub/Sub topics. For more information on how to publish messages to Google Pub/Sub topics, see Publishing messages to topics.
- You can use your own names for these fields.
- Currently, Interactions can process one event per message. This means that the payload should only contain one
The following fields are mandatory within each payload:
user_id: Your external ID. Emarsys can resolve the contact IDs based on this field (this field is matched to the Emarsys contact ID).
event_type: The name of the event that is displayed on the UI (e.g
check-out pageview, etc.). You can send multiple event types within the same topic. Emarsys will sort the event types based on this field.
event_id: A universally unique identifyier (UUID) used for deduplicating events.
event_time: The timestamp indicating when the event happened. The required format is ISO 8601. Expired events are discarded based on this timestamp and it also plays an important role in historical decisions.