Toutes nos excuses, cette page n'a pas encore été traduite. L'équipe Localization d' Emarsys est en train d'y remédier et souhaite vous proposer toute la documentation en Français!
This feature is currently on Pilot release for a limited number of clients only. If you are interested in participating in the pilot phase, please use our pilot features sign-up form.
When it is ready for general release, we will announce this in our regular product release newsletter.
What is Instant Search?
Instant Search is a smart and lightning-fast product search engine you can add to your web store, providing your customers with a convenient way to search your product catalog. As they type in the search box, your visitors will see instant results from your catalog in a drop-down list, which seamlessly integrates into the look and feel of your website.
How does it work?
As soon as a customer types the first character in the search box, the possible results are listed in order of popularity, based on the browse and purchase history of your whole web shop. As they enter more characters, the results get more specific, and a thumbnail image is also shown for each product.
Customers can then select the product they want directly from the list or they can perform a normal search by finishing their search query and clicking Enter. In this case, the results list will load on a new page.
- Search box – You must have a search input form on your website, which Instant Search can use for capturing the search terms. On websites where there is no search box available, Instant Search cannot be enabled.
- Data collection scripts – You must have a working implementation of the Emarsys data collection scripts in order for Instant Search to work. You can check the health status of your implementation on the Data Sources page.
- Up-to-date product catalog – As Instant Search searches your product catalog for results, you need to have a valid product catalog uploaded and synchronized with the Emarsys Marketing Platform.
What else should I know?
- Instant Search works on mobile devices by default. But if you have a separate website optimized for mobile, you need to make sure that you have the data collection scripts implemented properly on your mobile site as well.
- If your web store already has an autocomplete search implementation that uses your search box, you should first remove it as Instant Search cannot be enabled on top of an existing autocomplete solution.
- Instant Search does not affect or customize the style of your existing search input form.
Once you have your search box and product catalog ready and your data collection scripts are up and running, the only thing you need to do is tell Emarsys Support to apply the custom settings and enable Instant Search for you. There is no need for any further implementation effort on your part to activate the feature.
In order for Instant Search to integrate seamlessly into your website’s look and feel, you should provide the following data from your website’s CSS file to Emarsys Support. If you are unsure about where to find this data, please contact Emarsys Support.
- Background color (in hex format) – The background color of the results list.
- Font color (in hex format) – The color of the font used for showing the results.
- Border color (in hex format) – The color of the search results list’s border.
- Highlight color (in hex format) – The color used for highlighting the search query in the search results list.
- Active background color (in RGBA format) – The color used for highlighting the search result over which the customer is keeping the mouse cursor.
- Font family – The font family used to display search results. Any of the font families already used on your website can be specified here.
On desktop Windows and macOS, Instant Search is supported on the current and the previous two releases of Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari as well as on Internet Explorer 11. On mobile, we support Safari on iOS 8+ and Chrome on Android. On other platforms and browsers, Instant Search is not officially supported.
Instant Search is deployed in two phases:
- After the custom settings are applied by Emarsys, you can test and review Instant Search on your website without your customers seeing it.
- If you are satisfied with the feature, just tell Emarsys Support to enable it for your visitors.
And that’s all there is to implementing Instant Search!