Toutes nos excuses, cette page n'a pas encore été traduite. L'équipe Localization d' Emarsys est en train d'y remédier et souhaite vous proposer toute la documentation en Français!
Web Channel has two nodes in the Automation Center that allow you to add or remove contacts to your Web Channel campaigns:
- Web Channel - add
- Web Channel - remove
In this article we offer some examples of how to build automated programs using Web Channel.
Setting up your Web Channel campaign for the AC
To prepare your Web Channel campaign for use in the Automation Center, proceed as follows.
- Create your campaign in Web Channel and set the Recipient source to Automation Center.
- When the campaign is saved and verified, it will appear on the Campaigns list with the status AC ready.
Building your program
- Open your AC program and insert the Web Channel - add node at the point where you want contacts to join the campaign.
- Double-click the node to see the options dialog; all the Web Channel campaigns set to use Automation Center are listed. Campaigns which are not yet used in any program are displayed in black and can be selected, while those already used in a programs are displayed in gray. Select the campaign you want and save the node properties.
You can include multiple Web channel - add nodes in a single AC program, but they will all reference the same Web Channel campaign.
- Add a Web Channel - remove node where you want your contacts to stop seeing your campaign. This will typically come after a filter that checks to see if the contact has reached your campaign objective (i.e. the conversion criterion).
- The Web Channel campaign will be activated once the program is launched, and its status will change to running.
- It will run for as long as the program is active. When the program is aborted or stopped, the campaign will have the status completed.
Editing Web Channel campaigns in live programs
To edit the content or settings of a Web Channel campaign associated with an active program, do the following:
- Pause or Freeze the program. After a few minutes (5-10), the Web Channel campaign status will change from running to AC ready state.
- Make the changes to your Web Channel campaign. Any setting can be changed except for recipient source (which must remain Automation Center).
- When you resume your Automation Center program, the Web Channel campaign will be re-activated and the status will change back to running.
Unpairing campaigns with programs
If you no longer want to use a Web Channel campaign with a particular program, you have the following options:
- In the AC, open the Web Channel - add node and change the campaign selection. After you save your settings, the unpaired campaign status will change to AC ready and the selected campaign status will change to running. You do not have to pause or freeze the campaign to do this.
- Pause or Freeze the program. After a few minutes (5-10), the Web Channel campaign status will change from running to AC ready state. You can now unpair the campaign from the program by clicking Force unpairing from AC program on the Filters page.
There are some aspects of functionality which might result in unexpected behavior.
- 6-hour refresh - Running Web Channel campaigns are updated with new contacts every six hours, which means that it could take up to six hours for a contact to enter a campaign from a program.
Lost contacts - Contacts can exit a program flow in a number of ways, for example:
- Reaching a Finish node.
- Being filtered out by Filter node.
- Leaving due to the exit criteria being met.
In these cases, it is not possible for us to detect that the contact is no longer in the program, therefore they will remain in the audience of the Web Channel message until the program terminates. It is up to you to use the Web Channel - remove node to prevent this from happening.