You can set up your Web Channel campaign for Automation Center (AC), once you have successfully selected your Web Channel campaign template.
Web Channel has two nodes in the Automation Center that allow you to add or remove contacts to your Web Channel campaigns:
In this article we offer examples of how to build automated programs using Web Channel.
To create a newly built automated program using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
- Choose a pre-created, designed campaign. For details, see Selecting your campaign template. Optionally, you can select a blank campaign.
- Define the general settings. For details, see General Settings page description.
Ensure that you set the Recipient source to the following:
- Automation Center
Building a Web Channel Automation Center program
To add a Web Channel node to your Automation Center program proceed as follows:
You can only select active campaigns in the Automation Center.
- Double-click the node to see the options dialog; all the Web Channel campaigns set to use Automation Center are listed. Select the campaign you need and save the node properties.
Automation Center cannot manage the status of your Web Channel campaign. For this reason, you need to activate the campaign before using it in an Automation Center program. You can only deactivate Web Channel campaigns that are not used in active Automation Center programs.
- Add a Web Channel - remove node where you want your contacts to stop seeing your campaign. This will typically come after a filter that checks to see if the contact has reached your campaign objective (i.e. the conversion criterion).
Editing Web Channel campaigns in live programs
To edit the content or settings of a Web Channel campaign associated with an active program, do the following:
Alternatively, you can delete the Web Channel node from your program and add another one to it where you can select the updated campaign. In this case, you don’t need to pause or freeze the program.
- Deactivate the Web Channel campaign.
- Make the changes to your Web Channel campaign. Any setting can be changed except for recipient source (which must remain Automation Center).
- You need to reactivate your Web Channel campaign, then you can resume the Automation Center program.
There are some aspects of functionality which might result in unexpected behavior.
- Lost contacts - Contacts can exit a program flow in a number of ways, for example:
In these cases, it is not possible for us to detect that the contact is no longer in the program, therefore they will remain in the audience of the Web Channel message until the program terminates. It is up to you to use the Web Channel - remove node to prevent this from happening.
If you change the contact identification method from
setEmail (i.e. email hash) to
setCustomerID (i.e. customer ID) or the other way around in your Web Extend configuration, then your Web Channel audiences will be empty and the contacts who had previously entered your Web Channel Automation Center program will not be able to see your campaigns anymore.