- If your program starts with a recurring entry point, you cannot add additional recurring, transactional or batch entry nodes to the same program.
- Recurring programs create child campaigns for all emails used in them each time they run. If you are using an Email behavior segment (e.g. Email response open or click) in your program, then the segment will only contain those contacts who responded to all child campaigns they received (those who only responded to one or some of the child campaigns they received will not be included in the segment). To avoid this situation, we recommend using an email category for your campaign and selecting that category under the Responded to an email in at least one of the following categories option in your Email behavior segment.
- Please note that segment results are cached for 10 minutes. So, if you run the same segment again within 10 minutes, you will get the previous (cached) results. This applies to the Segment, Exclude and Filter switch nodes.
- If you change the schedule of a program starting with the Recurring filter entry point, then please note that the program's start date is taken into account when calculating the next scheduled date instead of the date when you update it. For example, if you started a program that runs once a month on September 1 (Thursday) and change its schedule to biweekly on September 12 (Monday), then the program will run on September 15 (Thursday) the next time.
- To check the program's next scheduled run, open the Program Reporting screen, click the Recurring filter entry point in the Program Details widget and the schedule will be displayed in the Node Details widget.
How does recurrence work?
If you set the node to run every Friday and you start the program on Tuesday, then it will first run on Friday in the same week.
Weekly and monthly recurrence:
The first time the program will run depends on:
- when you activate the program, if you only set the schedule within the Recurring filter node but you did not set the program's schedule.
- when you set the programs schedule, if you used that function in the program.
You can see how the weekly and monthly recurrence works based on the following examples:
Weekly recurrence: For example, if the node is scheduled to run on Tuesday every 10 weeks at 8 AM and you set the schedule:
- before the selected day and time of the given week (e.g. on Tuesday at 7 AM), then the program will first run on the same day at 8 AM.
- after the selected day and time of the given week (e.g. on Tuesday at 9 AM), then the program will first run 10 weeks later on Tuesday at 8 AM.
Monthly recurrence: For example, if the program is scheduled to run on the last day of every third month at 8 AM and you set the schedule:
- before the selected day and time of the given month (e.g. on the last day of the month at 7 AM), then the program will first run on that day in the same month at 8 AM.
- after the selected day and time of the given month (e.g. on the last day of the month at 9 AM), then the program will first run on the last day of the third month from now at 8 AM.
Entry from program
This node is used in conjunction with the Transfer to program node, and the two in combination allow you to automate the transition of contacts from one program directly into another.
- Programs starting with this node are triggered every 10 minutes by the source program containing the Transfer to program node.
- Programs starting with this node behave like any other recurring program; that is, child campaigns are created for all the emails within the program, every time it is run.
- Programs starting with the Entry from program node that were created prior to September 27, 2022 still contain the built-in Wait node but now you can adjust or delete it according to your needs. Programs that were created after September 27, 2022 do not contain this built-in Wait node.
- Clicking this node will show a summary of all the programs connected to that program. New connections cannot be added or removed here, only via the Transfer to program node in the respective programs.
- You can switch to the workspace of the source program by clicking the Edit icon.
- You can check the reports of the source program by clicking the Reports icon.