This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Activating a campaign
You can instantly activate a new campaign you have just created by clicking Save and Activate in the Scheduling step of the campaign editor.
The time required for activating your campaign may occasionally increase significantly. Our developers are aware of the issue and are actively working to fix this.
It is recommended to test your Web Channel campaign after activation.
You can edit a campaign at any time if its status is draft or ready, but you cannot edit a running campaign. If you need to edit a running campaign first you have to stop it.
Stopping a campaign
The time needed for stopping a campaign may temporarily increase significantly, even to as high as a few hours. Our developers are working to fix this.
Testing a Web Channel campaign
In the Content step of the Web Channel campaign creation flow click the Test button in the upper-right corner to test your newly designed Web Channel campaign in a new tab or window.
You can test the mobile version of your campaign without using a mobile device. For this, use your Web browser's built-in mobile device emulator. You can select a mobile device type to emulate it then load your campaign page.
For example, select Google Chrome's Device Mode and select a mobile device where you would like to test your campaign layout. After having selected a mobile device, refresh the page. For detailed information, see Google Chrome Device Mode.
You need to upload a separate HTML content for desktop and for mobile browsers. You can select the platform by clicking the respective icons above the HTML code input block. If you do not enter any mobile content the Web Channel campaign will not be shown on mobile devices, or, conversely, if you do not add any desktop content, it will not be displayed in desktop browsers.
Testing live a Web Channel campaign
To perform a live test on your Web Channel campaign after activation, perform the following steps:
- Go to the General Settings page of your campaign.
- Click Edit Filters under Browsing session filters.
- Specify a set parameter that the website URL needs to contain.
- Activate your campaign. Wait until the campaign status is set to Running on the campaign overview page.
- Open the campaign in the web browser with the specified parameter in its URL.
- Check if the campaign is appearing according to the additional settings.
On the Campaigns tab, your campaigns are listed in order of priority, the topmost item having the highest priority (value = 1).
Priority determines which Web Channel campaign is displayed for customers who are targeted by more than one campaign. It is to prevent you from overloading your contacts with personalized website overlays.
If a customer is targeted by more than one Web Channel campaigns of the same type and with the same placement, they will only see the one that is found higher in the priority list.
A high-priority campaign will be skipped only when a condition preventing it from displaying is fulfilled. Only then will the campaign next in the priority list start showing for the same contact.
A customer can see multiple Web Channel campaigns in the following cases:
- If you have multiple ribbon campaigns with different placement on the same page.
- If you have multiple embedded campaigns in different zones on the same page.
- If you have different types of Web Channel campaigns on the same page. For example, if you have a ribbon, an overlay and an embedded campaign on the same page, then a customer can see all of these.
To demote or promote your campaigns in the priority list, proceed as follows:
Monitoring Web Channel performance
To monitor the performance of your Web Channel campaigns you can see an overview on the Web Channel Dashboard.
The following metrics are available:
- Impressions – The number of times the web campaign was displayed.
- Actions – The number of clicks or form submissions the campaign received.
- Recent activities – The engagement events of running web campaigns registered in the last 2 hours. If more than 100 events have occurred in this period, only the last 100 are listed here.
- Recent campaigns – Lists all running web campaigns.
Here you can see a breakdown of the impressions and conversions of the campaign on desktop and mobile.
In case of creating an Embedded campaign, for the zone selector feature you can create a new zone or select from the existing zones under this tab.
- Click Create Zone in the Zones tab. Optionally, you can search in the list of existing, pre-created zones.
- Select your Domain in the drop-down list, where you want to set your zone.
- Define your Zone name.
- In the CSS selector you can define an element to which a CSS rule applies.
- Click OK.