The Self-service SMS onboarding feature enables you to connect your SMS provider to Emarsys and start using the SMS channel.
Please note that:
- Only the approved and integrated SMS providers are supported by Emarsys. The list of such aggregators can be found in your SMS product, on the Emarsys Enhance websites. If you wish to add an aggregator not included, please contact support. It is your responsibility to contract with one of these vendors, and fully scope your SMS requirements with the aggregator.
- You cannot set up multiple providers with an Emarsys account, only one SMS provider per Emarsys account is supported.
- Contract with your provider
- Provider's API credentials
- Inbound number(s) for each country and region (Only if such were provided by the aggregator, otherwise optional.)
To start using the SMS channel, first you need to go through the SMS setup.
To do that, proceed as follows:
- Contact your Client Success Manager to enable Self-service SMS onboarding on your account.
- Once enabled, go to Management > SMS Settings.
- Click Start Setup.
For the first time, start with setting your preferred currency, if you have not set up and sent your SMS campaign earlier.
You see this screen only at the first setup.
Your SMS campaigns will be calculated in this currency.
- Set the provider, you already have a contract with, and fill in the required input fields.
Optionally, you can see the list of available providers.
- Input fields are dependent on the provider. If you select one, the input fields specific to that provider will appear.
- These API credentials can be found at your provider's admin site.
- Connect to Provider - To make sure the connection is working, send a Verification Message to your account admin’s number. It might take a few minutes.
If it is unable to connect, check if the API credentials were entered correctly or contact Emarsys support.
- On the Country or Region Setup screen, select your target Country or Region and fill in the following fields:
- Your dedicated number per country or region (you need to have separate inbound numbers for each country or region).
- Your customers will send messages to this number.
- You need to get your inbound number from your provider.
Fee per SMS:
- The cost of one SMS your agreed on with your provider.
- Add a fee if you would like to make cost calculations in your SMS campaign reports.
Test Message Number:
- You can send and confirm test messages to all destination countries or regions and make sure that all connections are working properly.
- Inbound Number:
Repeat this step for each target country or region.
- On the Summary page you can double-check all the countries or regions, SMS fees, inbound numbers and test message numbers.
When ready, click Finalize SMS Channel Setup.
- On the final screen, copy the Inbound/Delivery report URL and paste it to your provider's admin site for the API to work properly.
- You are set and redirected to the SMS Settings overview page.
- As a final step, you can test your setup by sending test SMS messages. See Test Messages.
SMS Settings page
On the SMS Settings page you can see an overview of all important information regarding your SMS setup per country or region. This page displays the following information and functionality:
- Name of your provider.
- Change or remove provider settings.
- Send test messages.
- Add a new country or region (as described in the Onboarding steps).
- Edit or remove country or region.
In the Provider Settings menu, you can:
- Update the Service Plan ID
- Update the API Credentials.
- Select the Base URL from the drop-down.
- Copy the Inbound URL.
- Reset the SMS Channel
For the messages to go through, you need a Contact with a valid mobile number in the Mobile field and also
Mobile_SMS_Optin to be TRUE.
In the Test Messages menu you can:
- Send a new test message to the predefined test number of the country or region.
- Confirm if the test message was successfully delivered.