You can check the status and monitor the quality of your Smart Insight data on the Smart Insight Data Quality page.
We also suggest that you check back on your integration's health by opening the Predict Data Sources tools from Management > Predict Data Sources. Learn more.
Data quality is one of the most important aspects of online marketing and e-commerce. Accurate, consistent and reliable data is the key to achieve your business goals. The Smart Insight Data Quality page provides you with up-to-date reports of your contact, product, order and sales data collected by Smart Insight. You can check the quality of your data uploaded to Smart Insight on this page.
The Smart Insight Data Quality page is refreshed after each data load.
The Overview tab
On the Overview tab, you can see reports of Contact, Product and Purchase data uploaded to Smart Insight and their quality. At the top of the page you can see the overall number of Contacts, Products, Orders and Purchased line items uploaded into Smart Insight.
Here you can see the following metrics:
- Contacts - The total number of contacts, including identified, unidentified and anonymized contacts.
- Products - The total number of products that have ever been uploaded to Smart Insight.
- Orders - The total number of individual purchases made.
- Purchased line items - The total number of lines (i.e. separate items purchased) in all orders.
To display additional information about each metric, expand a specific line by clicking it. Here you can see:
- A chart that shows you how this metric changed in the last 30 days,
- Detailed description of each metric and
- Recommendations describing how you can resolve an issue.
You can see the following metrics in the Contact data section:
- Last contacts load - The date of the last successful contact data load.
- Unidentified contacts - The number of contacts who have not yet been added to your Emarsys database but who had made purchases according to your sales data.
- Contacts with negative turnover - The number of contacts whose total lifetime spend is negative, which means that these customers appear to have refunded more items than they have bought.
- Outlier purchases - The percentage of purchases made by a single customer who has made the most purchases based on your sales data.
You can see the following metrics in the Product data section:
- Last product load - The date of the last successful product data load.
- Unknown products - The number of products that have been sold but are not in the product catalog. These products will be displayed as Unknown Product on the Smart Insight reports.
- Products with no category - The number of products that do not belong to any product category. These products will be displayed as Missing category on the reports and you will not be able to filter the customers of these products by category.
- Products with no name - The number of products that have an empty name in the product catalog. These products will appear with an empty label on the reports and you will not be able to filter these products (or their customers) by name.
You can see the following metrics in the Purchase data section:
Duplicated item purchases - It means that your sales data file contains duplicate lines with the same
- Last purchase load - The date of the last successful purchase data load.
- Latest purchase date - The date of the most recent purchase.
- Oldest purchase - The date of the oldest purchase.
- Orders with duplicated line items - It means that your sales data file contains duplicate line items with the same order ID. This metric groups duplicate line items by their order IDs. For example, if you have two identical line items with the same order ID, it will count as one order with duplicate line items.
- Future purchase dates - The number of purchases that have a purchase date in the future.
- Missing purchase days - The number of individual days when no purchases were made. Missing days in purchases mean that either you have not uploaded any sales data for those days or Smart Insight could not load your uploaded files.
- Missing purchase periods - The number of time periods (one or more consecutive calendar days) when no purchases were made according to the sales data in Smart Insight. Missing periods in purchases mean that either you have not uploaded any sales data for that period or Smart Insight could not load your uploaded files.
- Orders with multiple contacts - The number of orders that occur in the purchase history of multiple contacts at the same time. Smart Insight expects each order to have been placed by one person only.
- Outdated purchases - Purchases that were made before the year 2000.
Editing the thresholds
You can adjust the threshold for each Smart Insight data quality metric. When the threshold of a metric exceeds the specified value, a warning will be displayed next to it.
To edit the threshold of your Smart Insight data quality metrics, proceed as follows:
1. Click the Edit Thresholds button at the bottom of the page.
2. Set the required values.
You can disable warning messages for specific metrics by checking the Ignore checkbox. If you activate this feature, then you will not receive warning messages when the selected metric exceeds the specified threshold.
3. Once you are ready, click Apply at the bottom of the page.
The Data Loads tab
For more information, see Data Loads.
Sending email notifications
You can subscribe to email notifications that you will receive when there is a new Smart Insight data quality warning or a data load error occurs in your daily load on the Notifications > Settings > Data Management Notifications page.