This article provides you information on the Email Archive feature and gives instructions how to create any number of standard or customised email archives.
To check the archived emails go to the Admin menu and select Email Archive.
About Email archive
Email archive is defined as a custom list of emails. Email Archives come as a link which you can embed in your website or other emails.
Do: You can only archive batch email campaigns.
For email archiving, each email account has a designated dummy contact assigned, which will automatically be addressed in the archived email (e.g.: "Dear Mr John Doe"). This guarantees the protection of your customer data.
Listing and filtering archives
On the Email Archive page you can see the list of earlier created archives.
Filter the list with the following options:
- Deactivated: This is the default status.
- In Design: Some content or settings are still missing.
- Ready to Launch: Not activated yet, but ready to launch.
- Tested: An Email Archive is created for the test emails.
- Launched: An Email Archive is created for the launched email campaigns.
- Not Launched: An Email Archive is created for the not-launched email campaigns.
- Language of email
The Email Archive list has the following elements:
Setting up an email archive
In the Settings section of the page, you can define your customized email archive with the following options:
- All emails: Tick this radio button to include all emails.
- All emails sent to a list or segment: To include emails which use either a filter or a segment as their recipient source.
- You can set the language for the email archive
- For Design, keep the Default option, which lists all selected emails.
For other options to be available, you need an archive template; contact your Account Manager for more information.
Creating an email archive
Once you have defined your customized email archive in the Settings section you can create an archive (i.e. a list of emails), as follows:
- In the list, go to the Auto-archive column and activate all emails you want to include in the archive by clicking the eye icon.
- Click Create Archive to generate the corresponding link. Clicking Create Archive will provide you with an URL to the created email archive. Every URL that you receive will be stored internally and remain functional.
- Auto-archive: It displays the link you have created.
- Latest email: The link to the latest email in the archive.
- RSS feed: With the RSS feed option you can feed your email archive using your own archive template (PHP or ASP).