The Abandoned Browse Tactic reacts to customers who are viewing your products but who leave your website without making a purchase or leaving any products in a cart.
This funnel Tactic encourages customers to continue their journey to purchase by sending an email with their recently browsed products and some additional recommendations.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Retain active customers
- Win back inactive customers
- Win back defecting customers
Automation Center program
The basic program in the Advanced package looks like this.
The most advanced program in the Max AI package is built in the following way.
The Max AI elements
- The Max AI version of the program starts with a smart filter which uses the Predictive web engagement AI segment template, with the conditions set to return all customers who are likely to engage on the web within 30 days. For these contacts, a Web Channel campaign (#2) is started.
- For those contacts who are not likely to engage on the web, a Predictive email engagement AI segment is being created, for those contacts, who are likely to engage on email within 30 days. For these contacts, an email campaign is started (#1), while a CRM Ads campaign is started (#3 )for those who are not.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- CRM Ads campaign (if used)
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Activate the Tactic.
You will be able to check on the performance in the reporting pages of the Strategic Dashboard.
Testing the program
To test this program:
- Set it to Test mode and select your test segment.
- Change the recurring filter schedule to run 10 minutes from now.
- Use a contact in the test segment to log in to your web shop and browse for at least 3 minutes, viewing multiple products but without adding any to the cart or completing a purchase. Then end the session.
- After the 10 minutes are up the filter should run and you should receive the initial email.