The Visual Content Editor (VCE) is our new email creation module and will eventually replace our existing template-based editor and our custom-HTML editor.
The VCE is a flexible, intuitive email content editor that uses simple, block-based templates for fast email creation. These templates come in three types:
- Default templates provided free with your account
- Bespoke templates created by Emarsys for you
- Templates that you design and create yourself
You access it by selecting the Block-Based Email option on campaign creation.
Creating a block-based email campaign is practical and speedy. You can design your own templates with minimum effort and then have complete freedom to change what you want in the email via inline editing.
Clear separation between what can be edited and what cannot makes this editor easy and safe to work with, and every element can be personalized. Blocks are easy to move around, and all content is edited in a live preview so you can watch your email develop as you build it.
The Visual Content Editor already supports most of the functionality of the standard editor (VCMS or template-based editor), and can already be used for regular ad hoc and recurring campaigns (such as newsletters). It can contain personalization variables, conditional text, link tracking, block targeting and other features.
However, for the moment the new VCE is not available for transactional (on-event) campaigns.
Here you can find a list of the current differences in available features between the old VCMS and the new VCE:
|Feature||Old VCMS Editor||Visual Content Editor|
|Drag and drop block arrangement||No||Yes|
|Mobile and desktop preview and editing||No||Yes|
|Dynamic Content (block targeting)||Yes||Yes|
|Easy media access||No||Yes|
|Link tracking, link overview||No||Yes|
|Testmail to a contact list||Yes||Yes|
|Predict widget designer integration||Yes||No|
|Predict cart recovery||Yes||Yes|
|External unsubscribe links||Yes||Yes|
|Alternate mobile image||Yes||Yes|
|Adjust image dimensions/Image size||Yes||Yes|
|Send test mail to a single email||Yes||Yes|
|Undo changes – reset block||Yes||Yes|
|Hide image on mobile||Yes||Yes|
|Hide block on mobile||Yes||Yes|
|Retina image handling||No||Yes|
|Transactional message support (External data in content (JSON))||Yes||Yes|
|Emoji in subject line||Yes||Yes|
|Restrict template editing||No||Yes|
|Voucher for batch emails||Yes||Yes|
|Voucher for transactional emails||Yes||No|
The following features are on the development roadmap for the VCE.
- Incentive Recommendations
- Template distribution between sub-accounts
- Sharing template editing privileges between users in an account
- Deliverability Advisor
- Template asset handling
- Improved Link tracking and link management
- JS API for custom integrations
- Mobile funnel preview
- Mobile First features
- Predict Email Widget Designer integration
- Persona previews, for testing personalization between different customer types
- Extended conditional text and Block targeting
- Product search add-on
- Blocks referencing the same source content
- RSS automated content add-on
We are not planning to include the following features in the VCE:
- Tell-a-friend forms
- Social sharing section content
- Form management within emails